Fake Field Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Field Goals

Andy has called a few timely and creative fake field goals in his time here.
    I really liked the one in Arizona a few years ago with the over the shoulder flip by Neck Beard.

But last night's fake was about the dumbest play that I've ever seen.
    It didn't go far enough for a first down, there was no time left any way, it didn't fool any one, and Akers can make that kick.

www.disciplerocks.com

postgame pc red said it was totally on him because they didn't see the safety back there and it was a total screwup.

he looked drained lasnite, btw.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

there is no doubt that Andy was covering for Harbaugh on that one.

IMHO Harbaugh F'd up.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20

IMHO Harbaugh F'd up.
        Agreed. Andy looked stunned after that play. Whoever made that call needs a good azz-reaming so something that stupid never happens again.

Comment

though I do think it was a dumb idea to even think of even if a safety wasn't back there. There was only 1 second left on the clock and the ball was at the 36.

36 yard fake or nothing? didn't like it. Try the FG

Comment

I was stunned. I knew Akers hasn't been on fire but that was a bad call by whom ever will admit making it. Especially with only one second on the clock. If you have under a minute and the wind isn't quite right, and a few time outs saved, maybe it would of caught someone by surprise, But they always keep a S back because the kicks are returnable.
            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis

IMHO Harbaugh F'd up.
              Agreed. Andy looked stunned after that play. Whoever made that call needs a good azz-reaming so something that stupid never happens again.
              The camera went straight to Reid after that. He looked pissed.
              His lips then went "Wha...." before they cut away.

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                But they always keep a S back because the kicks are returnable.
                that's what baffled me. the opponent is always gonna have someone back on a kick that long.
                socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis

IMHO Harbaugh F'd up.
                  Agreed. The look on AR's face was weird, so perhaps it was made by Harbaugh.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                  X