Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury updates are a mixed bag

Too bad that we don't have a bye week

Eagles' Jason Peters avoids major injury; Tim Jernigan to return to practice after missing game with back spasms
    by Zach Berman, Updated: December 4, 2018- 4:22 PM

Jason Peters watched the end of the Eagles’ 28-13 win over Washington from the sideline Monday night and Tim Jernigan was in the locker room, but there was no concern about the health of either player Tuesday.

Peters avoided major injury when his leg was rolled on in the fourth quarter. Coach Doug Pederson said Peters is “day-to-day” and “should be fine.” Peters has battled injuries this season, but he has not missed a start. The future Hall of Fame offensive tackle, who could be in his final season with the Eagles, lives in Texas during the offseason and has a long-told distaste for the rival Dallas Cowboys. He will be eager to play this weekend with first place in the NFC East on the line.

Jernigan did not play Monday after suffering back spasms in pregame warm-ups. He watched the first half from the sideline before going to the locker room. Pederson said after the game that the Eagles were being cautious with Jernigan, who missed the first 10 games while recovering from offseason neck surgery.

"He’s doing fine,” Pederson said. “He’s still going to be in the mix. Would expect him to be available this week, and we’ll see tomorrow when we get back on the field.”

There could be other good news on the injury front. Linebacker Jordan Hicks is getting close to returning from a calf injury that has sidelined him the past two weeks. Pederson said Hicks is “day-to-day” and the Eagles will see how he progresses this week. Defensive back Avonte Maddox is also close to returning from knee and ankle injuries that kept him out the past two games.

It sounds as if it will be a longer absence for cornerback Jalen Mills, who has already missed a month with a foot injury.

by Zach Berman
    Posted: December 4, 2018 - 4:22 PM
    Zach Berman | @zberm | [email protected]
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Final injury report-Jernigan not looking good

The Philadelphia Eagles released their third and final official injury report on Friday in advance of their Week 14 game against the Dallas Cowboys.

The Eagles ruled two players out for Sunday’s NFC East matchup: starting linebacker Jordan Hicks and and starting cornerback Jalen Mills. Neither player participated in practice this week.

With Hicks out, it’ll be Nigel Bradham starting at middle linebacker once again. Kamu Grugier-Hill and Nathan Gerry will also see playing time.

Mills’ absence means Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas will start at outside corner with Cre’Von LeBlanc likely lining up against Cole Beasley in the slot.

Three players have been ruled questionable for the Cowboys game: starting defensive end Michael Bennett, starting defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, and defensive back Avonte Maddox.

Bennett was a full participant in Friday’s practice. One would expect to him to play against Dallas.

Neither Jernigan nor Maddox practiced at all this week so it’s hard to feel great about their playing chances. I’d guess that Maddox has a better chance than Jernigan but that’s just a guess. We’ll see.

Jason Peters is not listed on the final injury report. Doug Pederson confirmed he’ll start at left tackle despite getting banged up late in the Washington game. Peters missed Friday’s practice due to personal reasons.

Josh Adams was a full participant for the second day in a row. The Eagles’ lead back is ready for Sunday.

Comment

Beasley is one of those guys that kills teams even though he isn't a HoF receiver. Good thing we have Cre'Von
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Can I just say I’m so tired of hearing Peters is a future H o Famer. He should be in the hall of very good but not Canton IMO. Too often injured. Too many penalties. To me he is not a HOF LT. Sorry
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Really aw. I'm usually pretty tough about letting too many into the hall but I think Peters is sure fire and IMM deservedly so. But people see different things in different people
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            Can I just say I’m so tired of hearing Peters is a future H o Famer. He should be in the hall of very good but not Canton IMO. Too often injured. Too many penalties. To me he is not a HOF LT. Sorry
            OMG Sean what the heck is it with you and Peters? Did he screw your wife or something???? You wanted to trade him about 5 years ago and now you don't think the perennial ALL PRO and PRO BOWLER shouldn't go in the HOF? All of these guy's slip a little as they age. The guy is still starting at 37 years old for crying out loud. That in itself should get him in! He's playing through the season with a torn bicep muscle when most young players take a season off with that injury. The players and coaches have 2/3 of the votes for the awards. I just don't understand where the heck you are coming from.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the crowd on this one--- Peters has been a stud his entire career.

Comment

Not saying he is not very good. The way I look at the HOF though is would the HOF be diminished without his presence. Answer is no.

Anthony Munoz, Art Shell, Dwight Stephenson, Russ Grimm, john Hannah.

Jason Peters name doesn’t belong IMO. One huge reason is the guy was dominant a lot but he was also injured a lot and not as dominant or didn’t play altogether.

He is gonna get in guys and I will be happy for him but guys like him, Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are same guy IMO. Though Thomas and Runyan stayed healthy.

Think they are all very good just NOT HOF.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  I agree. Very good LT but not hall of famer.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                  X