I wouldn't go to the Whitehouse either Brandon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    People never cease to amaze me. As an Eagle fan I'm sure that he would have been thrilled if Graham, Jenkins and Long were thrown off the team last year. He's full of shit.
    Same here bud. Nobody takes the time to write that letter to a player, unless....

They are a little bat crazy and take their politics way too serious

Who really gives 2 shits what players or teams visit the White House? Whether Democrat or Republican I just don't get why I should care what an individual decides

Nor will I ever understand why individuals do care about it so much. Especially to write a disparaging letter like that one. Glad Brandon shared it

Comment

There are nut cases, and rabble rousers on both sides of just about every political issue.

To me the most important thing is that the players on the team aren't going to let the issue create a division in the locker room. If the players want to go, they'll go. If they don't, they won't. And, everyone is O.K. with that. On gameday, if certain players want to stay in the locker room for the anthem, they will. No one is going to hold that decision against them, nor are they going to hold it against the players that stand. And, after the coin flip, it's business as usual. Win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        There are nut cases, and rabble rousers on both sides of just about every political issue.

To me the most important thing is that the players on the team aren't going to let the issue create a division in the locker room. If the players want to go, they'll go. If they don't, they won't. And, everyone is O.K. with that. On gameday, if certain players want to stay in the locker room for the anthem, they will. No one is going to hold that decision against them, nor are they going to hold it against the players that stand. And, after the coin flip, it's business as usual. Win the game.
        The owners really created a mess with this rule. The players will find another way that will be worse. I'm thinking something like a huge team hug for these guys when they finally get to the field. That will be like honoring the guys who didn't come out to stand for the flag which will piss off people more.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          The owners really created a mess with this rule. The players will find another way that will be worse. I'm thinking something like a huge team hug for these guys when they finally get to the field. That will be like honoring the guys who didn't come out to stand for the flag which will piss off people more.
          Well, it does give the fans an opportunity to show their displeasure with people that stay in the locker room by booing the shit out of them when they come out. So, there's that at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            Well, it does give the fans an opportunity to show their displeasure with people that stay in the locker room by booing the shit out of them when they come out. So, there's that at least.
            You are exactly right! Home team fans will boo their own team for coming out after the anthem! This new rule actually makes things worse in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
            X