Hall of Fame class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame class

Anderson, Allen, Cunningham, Dawkins, Joyner, Landeta, Mcnabb, Mitchell, Owens, Vermeil, Vincent, Walker

So these cats are HoF nominees. Do you consider them Eagles? Are they Hall of Famers?

When I think of Owens and Walker I don't think of them as Eagles although they certainly made us happy when they were here. Anderson, Landeta and Mitchell I think more as Eagles but they still don't come to my mind when I think of Eagles players. The others definitely are the ones I think of when I think of the birds.

HoF potential? Dawkins and Vermeil are probably the closest in my mind. Then probably Eric Allen but mostly I think they are borderline guys that will have a tough time getting in.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
    Anderson, Allen, Cunningham, Dawkins, Joyner, Landeta, Mcnabb, Mitchell, Owens, Vermeil, Vincent, Walker

So these cats are HoF nominees. Do you consider them Eagles? Are they Hall of Famers?

When I think of Owens and Walker I don't think of them as Eagles although they certainly made us happy when they were here. Anderson, Landeta and Mitchell I think more as Eagles but they still don't come to my mind when I think of Eagles players. The others definitely are the ones I think of when I think of the birds.

HoF potential? Dawkins and Vermeil are probably the closest in my mind. Then probably Eric Allen but mostly I think they are borderline guys that will have a tough time getting in.
    Obviously they won't let all the Eagles in. Fuck Owens and I'm not wild about Randall either with all of the crap that he pulled. I think Vincent should go along with your picks.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Dawkins is the only one for sure.

Comment

1. Dawkins
        2. Vermeil
        3. Randall
        4. McNabb
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Id make a case for Joyner.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            Id make a case for Joyner.
            Heck, you can make a case for all of them. I say it every year that I' hat to be voting. They're all great. Vincent always gets overlooked but he probably went to the Pro bowl more than any of them.

Comment

Look at the list of nominees. How do you choose?

Pro Football Hall of Fame nominees announced for 2017 class

CANTON, Ohio — LaDainian Tomlinson, Hines Ward and Brian Dawkins are among the 94 players and coaches nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2017.

Joining those first-time eligible nominees are Jason Taylor, Donovan McNabb, Chad Johnson, Olin Kreutz, Joey Porter, Derrick Mason and Bob Sanders.

Already chosen to be discussed by the voting panel the day before the Super Bowl next February are senior finalist Kenny Easley and contributor finalists Jerry Jones and Paul Tagliabue.

Among the 2016 finalists back on the ballot are Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Edgerrin James, Terrell Owens, Joe Jacoby, Alan Faneca, Morten Andersen, Steve Atwater, John Lynch and coach Don Coryell.

2017 nominees

List to be reduced to 25 in November (x-2016 nominee):

QUARTERBACKS (7) — Drew Bledsoe, Randall Cunningham, Doug Flutie, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms, x-Kurt Warner

RUNNING BACKS (13) — Shaun Alexander, Ottis Anderson, Tiki Barber, Larry Centers, Roger Craig, x-Terrell Davis, Eddie George, x-Edgerrin James, Daryl Johnston, Eric Metcalf (also WR/PR/KR), LaDainian Tomlinson, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

WIDE RECEIVERS (10) — Isaac Bruce, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason (also KR/PR), x-Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Hines Ward

TIGHT END (1) — Mark Bavaro

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (14) — Tony Boselli (T), Ray Donaldson (C), x-Alan Faneca (G), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), x-Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), Olin Kreutz (C), Jim Lachey (T), Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (5) — Leslie O'Neal (DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Fred Smerlas(NT), Jason Taylor (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS (11) — Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner,Levon Kirkland, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Zach Thomas

DEFENSIVE BACKS (16) — Eric Allen (CB), x-Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S),LeRoy Butler (S), Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), x-John Lynch (S), Frank Minnifield (CB), Bob Sanders (SS), Darren Sharper (FS), Dennis Smith (SS), Troy Vincent (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

KICKERS/PUNTER (4) — x-Morten Andersen (K), Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta(P), Nick Lowery (K)

SPECIAL TEAMS (2) — Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES (11) — x-Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Clark

Comment

Working...
              X