Yesterday finally persuaded me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday finally persuaded me.

This is a well coached team that can potentially be a VERY good team...a team that could contend for the big prize.

Even with the losses of Peters for the year 2 weeks ago, Ertz before yesterday's game and Johnson during the game, they mauled a Denver defense which was regarded as one the the leagues all round best.

The D played the solid "smother the run and limit the pass" game we're getting spoiled on this year, even without Hicks and Darby.

It was the offense which was unexpectedly dominant. They scored 51 and could have easily scored more and piled up more yardage had they not very intentionally taken the foot off the pedal.

AW got to be there for a good one, including the coming out party for Ajayi.

Have a good rest for the next 2 weeks, heal up the nagging boo boos, work in a few new wrinkles on the O and then come back and kick Dallas squarely in the nuts..
    Last edited by tinopuno; 11-06-2017, 08:38 AM.

I think the reason they backed off was, according to PFT, after scoring 7 TD's they ran out of Fireworks at the Linc. Also Wentz just passed Van Brocklin throwing 23 TD's so far.
    As Steve Stills would say: "There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear". This Club has things clicking on all 3 phases. Anybody here expect us to be 8-1 at the Bye?
    Just gotta keep things rolling & I really like our chances. A little early to talk about us winning the SB this year but believe me, I'm thinking about it.
    And Yes, I'm pleased to see Eagles win big on Sunday but I'm guessing he's pissed they ran out of Fireworks.
    GO BIRDS!!!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

And Yes AW saw a Good one on Sunday, Sweeeet!
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I’m not talking Super Bowl. I am very impressed by what I’ve seen so far. I’ve had other teams fans tell me the Eagles are very impressive. Either something has been put into their water or they too see something. I’ve never had this happen before. And Brady said we look to be the most complete team this season. If this is a dream, I hope I never wake up.

Comment

Had a great weekend boys.

You guys know I am a big golfer. Got to play Philmont North and White Manor. White Manor is an incredible course.

Then had great seats for the game.

A few things that stuck out:

Big V is getting better
          Clement is really good... how he didn’t get drafted I have no clue
          Doug is a good coach but in a game like that get some lineman and LBs out and get the backups some reps.
          Joe Walker is not bad. He got beat on the Sanders catch but that was a really good throw and catch.
          Celek should really be in the ring of honor someday. Just a great Bird.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            Had a great weekend boys.

You guys know I am a big golfer. Got to play Philmont North and White Manor. White Manor is an incredible course.

Then had great seats for the game.

A few things that stuck out:

Big V is getting better
            Clement is really good... how he didn’t get drafted I have no clue
            Doug is a good coach but in a game like that get some lineman and LBs out and get the backups some reps.
            Joe Walker is not bad. He got beat on the Sanders catch but that was a really good throw and catch.
            Celek should really be in the ring of honor someday. Just a great Bird.
            Feeling a little envy for both the golf and the great game you witnesse.

Good to hear that you think Big V is improving based on your observations. I didn't focus on him all that much but when I did he was holding his own. In fact, the entire Oline did a great job against Denver's ballyhoed defense in both pass protection and run blocking. Big V's development will be a key to how far this team goes this year.

BTW, Miller's strip sack on Foles around Suemalo that resulted in the TD was enabled, IMO, by him jumping the snap and not being called. He was called 3 other times for the same move. Miller is fast/quick enough as it is without getting a half second head start. I don't know if it appeared that way to someone like you that was at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              Feeling a little envy for both the golf and the great game you witnesse.

Good to hear that you think Big V is improving based on your observations. I didn't focus on him all that much but when I did he was holding his own. In fact, the entire Oline did a great job against Denver's ballyhoed defense in both pass protection and run blocking. Big V's development will be a key to how far this team goes this year.

BTW, Miller's strip sack on Foles around Suemalo that resulted in the TD was enabled, IMO, by him jumping the snap and not being called. He was called 3 other times for the same move. Miller is fast/quick enough as it is without getting a half second head start. I don't know if it appeared that way to someone like you that was at the game.
              I think that he probably guessed the snap count. Bruce Smith used to do that a lot too. Maybe he wasn't offside but it just looked that way. I tell you this, NOBODY reacts that fast! I don't care how quick you are.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I think that he probably guessed the snap count. Bruce Smith used to do that a lot too. Maybe he wasn't offside but it just looked that way. I tell you this, NOBODY reacts that fast! I don't care how quick you are.
                I think he just timed it perfectly.
                He was also going against Seumalo and not Johnson on that play.

Wentz did a great job with that snap count and kept them off balance all day. Once Foles was in and Johnson was out, then Miller started to tee off.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  I think he just timed it perfectly.
                  He was also going against Seumalo and not Johnson on that play.

Wentz did a great job with that snap count and kept them off balance all day. Once Foles was in and Johnson was out, then Miller started to tee off.

Great observation spur!
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X