Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat or Mavs-Scream Friendly (OT)

What is your pick, Scream?

I want the Mavs badly....I cannot stand Riley and Shaq, but I am not sure the Mavs have enough talent and defense to beat the Heat...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Nobody on the Heat can defend Nowitski. Nobody on the Mavs can defend Shaq or DWade.

A few weeks ago if you would have asked the question, I would have picked the Mavs, since overall they have the most talent. But with the way the Heat have played recently, I have to pick them.

I'm just happy it should be a fun, watchable series.

Comment

I'm torn here, people.

I hate Shaq. Always have. Always will. But at the same time I hate anything related to DALLAS. And I'm not too fond of Mark Cuban either.

So who do I root for?

I think the Mavs take it by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        I'm torn here, people.

I hate Shaq. Always have. Always will. But at the same time I hate anything related to DALLAS. And I'm not too fond of Mark Cuban either.

So who do I root for?

I think the Mavs take it by the way.
        If I can put in my 2 cents. O'Neil is an insufferable bore that has been allowed to "charge" defenders without being called, almost since he enetered the league, because it sold tickets and advertising.

BUT, I could never root for ANY team that had Dallas in it's name. I'll hold my nose and pull for Miami.

Comment

I think it will come down to whoever the commisioner's office says.

But, I'm honestly having a hard time deciding who to root for...

Comment

The Heat seem to be peeking at the right time and Pat Reilly still is one helluva Coach.Mismatches abound in this series and although the Mavs have home court,I like the Heat to win this one in FIVE!
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I like the Heat to win the first game, mainly since they've had several days off which will help Shaq. As for the series....hmmm.... I'll take the MAVS, and bet that Jason Terry actually has a big series.

Comment

As an Eagles fan I'm rooting for the Mavs in a big way. Bear with me. And ignore the Dallas connection, to me it's about the Cowboys, not Dallas. (Well, and the Stars. HIS FOOT WAS IN THE CREASE!) But I digress...

Like the Eagles, the Mavericks are good every year. Top 5 team almost without fail. But they're never able to get over the top and win it all. Sound familiar? In a weird way, if the Mavericks win, then it means the Eagles can win. So it's Mavs all the way for me. Plus, I'm really impressed with the way the Mavs built their team. They took a big risk two years ago, letting Nash go and then Finley this year, and drafting players they though could contribute like Howard, Harris, and Daniels. It's paid off, and now they have an emerging young core just as Nowitzki takes the next step, a new coach who's already among the league's best (Come on, there are only like five good coaches in the entire NBA, and Avery Johnson just took down two of them in a row.) All that and they're a blast to watch as well. I'm pumped for this Finals.

Comment

I had Detroit in 6 over the Mavs in the finals before the playoffs.

I was close.

I heard an interview with SHAQ the other day and he said something about needing to win 5/6 titles so he is a legend.

Well. Wade is silly and if Shaq can dominate it will be trouble for Dallas. That said - Dallas is as close to an all-star roster as you'll find.

Pick:
                  Miami in 6 [Dallas can't stop Shaq and the Heat tighten on Dirk.]
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I have no problem rooting for the Mavs. My hatred for Shaq is that intense. Wade and Dirk will make it a fun series to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X