Can I get a little prayer? (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a little prayer? (OT)

This year, it feels like I have been surrounded by tragedy and death. I am sorry to bring this up so close to the holidays, but man......depression is starting to sink in for me. But I would like to ask for a little prayer from those of you who are willing.

This has to do with my cousin, Andy Willey. We grew up together and he is in a rough spot right now. Andy is 42 years old. About 4 months ago he went to the doctor with chronic back pain. THey found cancer riddled thru his spine. Andy was not a smoker or drinker. Radon is what his father claims is the source of this illness. Andy has been going thru treatments for the last 2 months to combat the cancer. It is not going well. His pain medications have stopped working and he is now being admitted to the hospital full time. You can find information about Andy here:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/an...createorsignin

Andy is a wonderful, caring, loving man with a wonderful family around him. Knowing him, my cousins Leigh Ann, Paula Beth and my Aunt Susi and Uncle Pete and what they must be going thru right now is simply killing me. I would like to ask of my friends and extended family here to include Andy in your prayers, and send us all a blessing this holiday season. Please, he's just 42, 2 years older than me. That is far to young to be going thru this trauma.

God bless you, Andy.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Sorry to hear about this Fresh.

I lost my grandad in March, my grandmother in July and my mom in September. Been an awful year which has only been mitigated by the birth of my son.

Prayers going out his way

Comment

Sorry to hear this grim news, Fresh. Done deal. I will oblige your request and offer a prayer for your cousin and those around him.

Comment

Man, I'm really sorry to hear this, Fresh. I will hope for the best for your cousin and his family.

Comment

Sending my prayers too, FRESH!
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Sending all my best!

Comment

Damn Cancer strikes anyone at any age. I won't read the link because it is too upsetting.

Best of luck to Andy. And, most of all to his family that is suffering. I am sure that Andy is more concerned about them, then he is himself.

Keep your chin up Fresh.

Comment

You never know why some things happen and you certainly can't stop them. The best you can do is be there for him when he needs someone to talk to and help him when he needs help. None of it is easy but it is what we do when we go through life. I'll hope for the best for you and your cousin.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Thank you, guys.

Those of you close to me know that I lost my brother at a very early age. 19. That left Andy and I as the two lone men that might carry on our family name. It ends with us, as neither of us have been able to have kids. Seeing the recent great fortune of the proud new papas on this board kinda made me think about that some more. I swear, if he passes I am going to feel so darned alone. The last Do Do.

Sorry, its just heavy on my mind. I'd rather talk about some Eagle football, dangit!!!!
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh I'll definitely include your cousin & his family in my prayers. I've lost a lot of people this year too - it's been a bitch of a year that can't end soon enough! Hang in there man, prayers are on the way.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Sorry to hear that fresh. Wishing you all the best ...

Comment

Fresh - you & Andy are in my thoughts.

Comment

Man that's tough! I am wishing all the best for you and your family Fresh!
                          I miss Philly!

Comment

Andy is added to my wife's prayer list. (She's in much better standing than I am!)

Comment

You and your cousin are in my prayers.
                              Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Working...
                              X