Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condolences!

Comment

Thank you, fellas. My heart goes out to you, BP, and you JBird, for what you will be dealing with. May you be spared from loss of those loved ones.

It comes to us all, I realize that. I'm just having a rough stretch , right now. Around this time of the season, we have lost my brother(19), my father(73), my wife's mother(5, and now Andy(42). And that doesn't include three friends that passed away this year. Seems I should be getting numb/immune to it. Not happening. Perhaps it has to do with me being the last male of our line to carry on the name, and I'm 40 with no kids........despite 18 years of marriage. You do the math, but it doesn't look likely that I will be carrying the line. It's fricking depressing, really. But, I've got a great wife that helps me deal with....life. God forbid something ever happens to her.

I've been doing a lot of drinking this year. I guess I know why.....not that that excuses it. I appreciate you guys letting me get some of this stuff off of my chest here becuse, frankly, I don't like to dump heavy crap on my friends that are REAL close to me and just bring them down. You all are friends, but at a certain distance. As Steven Wright said, "Sometimes it's easiest to tell your problems to a complete stranger on a bus..." He's right.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Don't know Steven Wright - but good quote. Message board community is good like that.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Steven Wright is a deadpan comedian, who occasionally says something profound.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh, you have my condolences. That he went peacefully is a blessing. Just one man's opinoin but the daily struggle in life is to remember that you can only influence the things that you can control. The rest we have to accept, no matter how much you agonize you can't change them. Take the opportunity to influence the things in life that you can influence every day.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences, FRESH. And well said, NoDak. To BP and jbird, a prayer for a positive outcome, Lord willing.

Comment

Working...
              X