Vick extended..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
    It automatically voids if Vick plays 35% of the snaps in any of the first five seasons. Like that won't happen. And if that doesn't happen, he's cut waaaay before then.
    Gotcha. But that is strange wording for an owner to protect himself. It almost seems like Vick's side would want that. It sounds like both sides want to void it. Maybe both sides just wanted it to sound like a $100 million contract.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      Gotcha. But that is strange wording for an owner to protect himself. It almost seems like Vick's side would want that. It sounds like both sides want to void it. Maybe both sides just wanted it to sound like a $100 million contract.
      Yes, apparently this was primarily from Vick's side. He wanted the $100 million figure in the news so that he could say he got a $100 million contract back, after losing one once. I think I read that Paolontonio reported as much last night -- see here. The way things get reported in the press can matter I guess, and many people are going to remember the initial $100 million number and not the details after it. All in good fun I guess. The deal is really 5 years, 80 million, so 16 million a year, and really the annual amounts don't vary much from that -- a little bit from the second year rolled into the first year via the signing bonus, but pretty even after that.

Comment

Working...
      X