Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER

Originally posted by Vet Turf
    I too was surprised at BB's exit. Quite classless.
    How was that surprising? This is a guy who ran up the score on opponents in the beginning of the year. karma is a bitch.

Comment

was it me or does the right side of NE's dline line up in the neutral zone every down?

Comment

[quote=bird is da word]
        Originally posted by "Flying Dutchman":18e46

You are so far off on the facts. Go back to New York and your Vagiants. With that kind of BS you will never be recognised as an Easgles fan.
        Why don't you check the conjecture at the door and prove me wrong? Eli has done what McNabb failed to do. McNabb knocked on the door FOUR times and chocked everytime, 3 in the NFCC and 1 in the SB.

Eli marched right on through.[/quote:18e46]

Your blatant Negadelphian BS doesn't even warrant a reply. Why don't you go to the EMB and go join the other little kiddies with their lack of facts. This kind of BS has been disproved so many times that you are really scraping the bottom of the hater barrel. Go back to New Yawk!

Comment

Tom Brady, without video support, has as many SB wins as Donovan McNabb, and less than Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
            Tom Brady, without video support, has as many SB wins as Donovan McNabb, and less than Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning.
            Let's not go overboard here, balto.

I still think the Patsies were a great dynasty. I'm just glad they lost tonight. Wonder how those 19-0 tshirts are selling in boston.

Comment

Hey, the 2004 Eagles would've won tonight, is all I'm sayin.......weren't the Pats coming out with a book about their "perfect" season? If that's not tempting karma, I don't know what is....

But all right, really, I thought that the Pats really did need to win tonight to cement their legacy. Stacked team, perfect season...and fair and square. Instead? Brady leads a stacked team that couldn't possibly lose, that chokes (how else could they possibly lose?) against a plucky NFC team led by Eli Manning. Now even their own fans have some doubt as to how many rings they'd have without the video support.

Doesn't make me feel any better that Eli Manning has more SB rings than Donovan McNabb, but I can't deny that, thanks to tonight, I'm just that much more convinced that the Eagles got robbed in 2004...more than I would've been if the Cheatriots had just taken care of business tonight like they should have.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

I had said all year this Pats team was not as good overall as that 2004 Pats squad and last night finally they threw up a stinker and the opponent (finally!) put up a very good performance. Many teams this season could have beaten the Pats including the Eagles, but let them squirm away by beating themselves.

If the 2004 Eagles play those Pats last night we score 30+.

I do agree with the justice served to the Cheaters. It was so good to see Belichek, classless asshole that he is, storm off the field before it even ended and then grimace his way through the post-game interviews. I hope this one hurts bad and that he tries to cheat again and gets caught again red-handed. Sometimes ambition can be a positive force, but sometimes it corrupts.

I loved watching Kraft squirm in the booth too...classic. Punk.

Hopefully, Specter makes Goodell admit they covered up the video scandal and the Pats get fully exposed.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                  Hey, the 2004 Eagles would've won tonight, is all I'm sayin.......weren't the Pats coming out with a book about their "perfect" season? If that's not tempting karma, I don't know what is....

But all right, really, I thought that the Pats really did need to win tonight to cement their legacy. Stacked team, perfect season...and fair and square. Instead? Brady leads a stacked team that couldn't possibly lose, that chokes (how else could they possibly lose?) against a plucky NFC team led by Eli Manning. Now even their own fans have some doubt as to how many rings they'd have without the video support.

Doesn't make me feel any better that Eli Manning has more SB rings than Donovan McNabb, but I can't deny that, thanks to tonight, I'm just that much more convinced that the Eagles got robbed in 2004...more than I would've been if the Cheatriots had just taken care of business tonight like they should have.
                  Balto, we're all in pain at the moment. But a couple of things stand out clearly from this game:
                  1. The hot team usually wins.
                  2. NE was not as hot as they appeared going in. Now people will appreciate better how close the Eagles, Giants et all came in those close games down the stretch.
                  3. Spags is one hell of a good DC.
                  4. Teams with a good Olines that can run block can control the clock and the game.
                  5. Teams that can protect their QB allow lots of unexpected heroes to emerge.
                  6. Teams with Dlines that can provide repeated sacks and constant, head-banging pressure, turn all-pro QBs into mere mortals.
                  7. The Patsies should now know how McNabb and the Eagles felt in Feb. 05.
                  8. When we look back at McNabb's 55 passes for what ?375? yards or so, we will realize that bringing his team within 3 points of victory despite our problems (see above 4, 5 & 6) was a super effort that deserves far better than the bleep he has gotten from the little haters and baiters.

Comment

[quote=Flying Dutchman]
                    Originally posted by "balto-eaglefan":5f694

Balto, we're all in pain at the moment. But a couple of things stand out clearly from this game:
                    1. The hot team usually wins.
                    2. NE was not as hot as they appeared going in. Now people will appreciate better how close the Eagles, Giants et all came in those close games down the stretch.
                    3. Spags is one hell of a good DC.
                    4. Teams with a good Olines that can run block can control the clock and the game.
                    5. Teams that can protect their QB allow lots of unexpected heroes to emerge.
                    6. Teams with Dlines that can provide repeated sacks and constant, head-banging pressure, turn all-pro QBs into mere mortals.
                    7. The Patsies should now know how McNabb and the Eagles felt in Feb. 05.
                    8. When we look back at McNabb's 55 passes for what ?375? yards or so, we will realize that bringing his team within 3 points of victory despite our problems (see above 4, 5 & 6) was a super effort that deserves far better than the bleep he has gotten from the little haters and baiters.[/quote:5f694]

FWIW I've cooled off now Dutch, and I agree with all of your points, especially of course 8. Of course Reid and McNabb are entitled to some slack, and I'll add a 9th, that the Pats were very good but overrated, and are simply no comparison to dynasty teams like the Niners.

I really do believe that there's an unwritten asterisk alongside their SB wins, especially after last night, and that the fans of their division and conference rivals won't let them forget it.
                    — Michael Strahan

Comment

What hurts is to now admit that Eli has come into his own and grown up, and is now a more successful QB than McNabb. I feared this, as you all know. But I can't call him She-li any more. He did what McNabb couldn't . Led his team for a win in the biggest game on the planet and totally did not choke, but rose to the occasion when everything was on the line. Ouch, props to you Eli, you deserve it. Damn.............
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        What hurts is to now admit that Eli has come into his own and grown up, and is now a more successful QB than McNabb. I feared this, as you all know. But I can't call him She-li any more. He did what McNabb couldn't . Led his team for a win in the biggest game on the planet and totally did not choke, but rose to the occasion when everything was on the line. Ouch, props to you Eli, you deserve it. Damn.............

Worth repeating I guess--- "Guess that depends on what your standards are...... Mine go a little beyond being the recipient of a great great defensive game and game plan.

Hats off to Eli, he didn't do too much stupid--- but IMO -- AT THIS POINT IN TIME -- he isn't much more then Trent Dilfer was."

Sorry but I'm not on the HOF bandwagon for Eli just yet --- he still at times runs the wrong way when getting pressure and also at times still just throws the ball up for grabs, he should have been picked at least 3 times last night. He is getting better and I give him that credit, but that game was won by the Ginats D and it sorta just shows that getting hot at the right time is a pretty important factor in winning the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                          Originally posted by FRESH

Worth repeating I guess--- "Guess that depends on what your standards are...... Mine go a little beyond being the recipient of a great great defensive game and game plan.

Hats off to Eli, he didn't do too much stupid--- but IMO -- AT THIS POINT IN TIME -- he isn't much more then Trent Dilfer was."

Sorry but I'm not on the HOF bandwagon for Eli just yet --- he still at times runs the wrong way when getting pressure and also at times still just throws the ball up for grabs, he should have been picked at least 3 times last night. He is getting better and I give him that credit, but that game was won by the Ginats D and it sorta just shows that getting hot at the right time is a pretty important factor in winning the SB.

obviously, i'm hoping he goes the trent dilfer route -- that's the best possible development we could get from this. but i dont think that will happen.
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

come on MD. Give Eli his props. If McNabb threw that pass to Todd Pinkston after escaping that rush, you'd have a shrine to him in your house. We all would. People would be falling over themselves to anoint him. If Doug fucking Pederson won a super bowl (and MVP) in this town because he was the recipient of a great defense, he'd still be the toast of the town.

Eli at this point isn't any better than a one hit wonder but he did WIN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL last night. He was also the MVP. Now granted, going into the 4th, nobody at the party I was at could figure out who the hell the MVP was so it was a pretty much MVP by default. But Eli deserves his props for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                              come on MD. Give Eli his props. If McNabb threw that pass to Todd Pinkston after escaping that rush, you'd have a shrine to him in your house. We all would. People would be falling over themselves to anoint him. If Doug fucking Pederson won a super bowl (and MVP) in this town because he was the recipient of a great defense, he'd still be the toast of the town.

Eli at this point isn't any better than a one hit wonder but he did WIN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL last night. He was also the MVP. Now granted, going into the 4th, nobody at the party I was at could figure out who the hell the MVP was so it was a pretty much MVP by default. But Eli deserves his props for a week.
                              SF, I did give him his props in several threads, my response here was only directed at the intimation that he was now a better QB than McNabb ----- because of a win where his D kept him in it and the Cheaters out of it for 58 minutes of the game.

I think he played real well at the end of that game and very pedestrian like for most of the game before .... like I said he did just enough to not screw the Giants defensive effort up.

And I am not an Eli basher(in general), and haven't been for this year or past years... but I'm also not gonna help him pack his bags for the HOF just yet.

Comment

The Giants offense scored:

3 POINTS

headed into the 4th quarter.

If the Giants defense does not shut down the Pats, the Giants lose that game going away.

Eli played fine and certainly has grown/matured as a QB this year. He still however threw 20 INT and made a lot of stupid plays. He is no HOF QB yet IMO, not even close.

Again, to say he is a better QB that McNabb because he won a ring is insane. Is Dilfer better than Marino? Hostetler better than Kelly? Give me a freakin' break.
                                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X