Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Flyers

Old 11-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Philly Rabbit
Starter

Philly Rabbit has disabled reputation
Default What's The Average Age Group In Here?

I'll wager that 80% of the members in here are too young to remember the Flyers last cup back in 75.

This organization wasted a lot of time, money, and the fan's patience with an owner who held a tremendous amount of debt and gratitude to a former player who made him a ton of money with those two back to back cups in 74 and 75 with him being Ed Snyder and him being Bobby Clarke.

But I remember when the Spectrum held a little over fourteen thousand fans before they added the upper tier and I also remember players like John Gee Gendron and the Hillman brothers, Dougie Favell, and Bruce Gambel.
Philly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

I certainly am not as old as many on here but I was in the barracks in 74 and there was a guy from NC in there that didn't know anything about hockey. I was all over the Flyers back then and before it was all said and done he became a die hard hockey fan. Loved the broad street bullies and Kate Smith and kicking Russian ass.
Of course being in the military we moved on but I saw him a number of years later and he was an Atlanta fan (the flames had moved there). Not sure now but I'd bet a buck he is still a hockey fan converted be the Flyers of the seventies
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

I remember watching the Flyers with my dad and Kate singing God Bless America . I was 11-12 at the time.