The Birds should go with two QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    That Johnson kid for the Jets looked pretty good last night. I doubt that the Jets will carry 4 QBs until Smith gets back.
    He looked better than Barkley or Tebow!
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I watched the game with EB last night and we both agree with going with 2 QB's. You can release Barkley & Tebow to free up a spot on the roster for ST's and both "should" be available if we need them. Guess we gotta wait & see what Chip & Co. decide on Saturday.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
        I watched the game with EB last night and we both agree with going with 2 QB's. You can release Barkley & Tebow to free up a spot on the roster for ST's and both "should" be available if we need them. Guess we gotta wait & see what Chip & Co. decide on Saturday.
        Only problem is that Chip loves his gimmicks and will probably keep Tebow.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

i don't believe chip is the type to screw around with someone about a roster spot. You are either in or out. I don't see him cutting a guy to hold a spot for special teams, then expect him to come back when he is in a jam. That isn't his style. I also think Chip likes tebow for intangible reasons. Attitude, energy, love of the game. It isn't about what tebow will do on Sunday. It is about how he can help the team during the week. And how he can reinforce an environment that chip covets.

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word View Post
            i don't believe chip is the type to screw around with someone about a roster spot. You are either in or out. I don't see him cutting a guy to hold a spot for special teams, then expect him to come back when he is in a jam. That isn't his style. I also think Chip likes tebow for intangible reasons. Attitude, energy, love of the game. It isn't about what tebow will do on Sunday. It is about how he can help the team during the week. And how he can reinforce an environment that chip covets.
            You're right on that point bird. He's a great teammate.

Comment

He may be a "great" team guy, everyone has always said he was--- but he will still be there, Mostert won't!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                He may be a "great" team guy, everyone has always said he was--- but he will still be there, Mostert won't!
                Like I said in another post, can he block? Barner hardly played last night which was strange too.

Comment

Matt Barkley traded to Cardinals, per ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                    Matt Barkley traded to Cardinals, per ESPN.
                    Good, what did we get?.......... not that it matters IMHO.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-draft-pick/

Conditional 7th Rd pick if he's on their roster for six games

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-draft-pick/

Conditional 7th Rd pick if he's on their roster for six games
                        Thanks TP, saw that in the other thread, that is really low.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Thanks TP, saw that in the other thread, that is really low.
                          It is, but it beats what we got for Jackson.

I was really pulling for Barkley to have a good game last night because I've come to the conclusion that Tebow adds next to nothing to this team. But with most (if not all) of the chips on the table, Barkley crapped the bed.

It's one thing to have a weak arm...you gotta play the hand your dealt physically. But IMO he bit the apple when it really counted. To his credit, Tebow didn't.

I still want Tebow cut to make room for Mostert, who I believe can be special.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            It is, but it beats what we got for Jackson.

I was really pulling for Barkley to have a good game last night because I've come to the conclusion that Tebow adds next to nothing to this team. But with most (if not all) of the chips on the table, Barkley crapped the bed.

It's one thing to have a weak arm...you gotta play the hand your dealt physically. But IMO he bit the apple when it really counted. To his credit, Tebow didn't.

I still want Tebow cut to make room for Mostert, who I believe can be special.
                            There's a report out there that Tebow was seen with packed bags at the airport.

Comment

Who was the running back last year that everyone was high on that we just couldn't get rid of? Was it Josey?

I think he went to Jacksonville, where they decided to keep the Michigan QB to play running back instead.

Running backs fall out of trees

Now if we want to talk Rasheed bailey vs Cooper/Austin - that's another thing.

Comment

I think Austin will be a good contributor.

Comment

Working...
                                X