OK, we are going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, we are going...

so what plans are you gonna make or are thinking about making?????

Me.. last SB 60 and I and my family and some of his friends met in Philly for the game--- same two teams.... and it was a great time.

Since then we have developed a local EAGLES bar here in Bel Air Md.
    MaGerks... the Owners are from Philly, specialize in Cheese steaks and Liscio Rolls. So I plan to be there among a hundred or so other Eagle Phans.

Now if they win.... or shall I say when they win--- We will be driving up to Philly for the Parade. In fact I'm looking at Hotel rooms today for the days following our SB victory.

Plans yet???????????

Actually Just made reservations for a Hotel Downtown Philly for Monday and Tuesday for the Parade!!!!

Comment

I have a friend who is hosting his annual massive over-the-top SB party. I won’t go. More accurately, my Dad won’t go. I grew up going to the games with my Dad and that means I watched some really shitty Mike McCormack and Marion Campbell teams. When Vermeil got us to the 1980 SB instead of spending their finest moment with my Dad, I went over a girl’s house for a SB party. In my defense, I was in high school and I was hoping to hook up with her or her friend Amy, and of course the loss made us all feel like shit. I regretted not being with my Dad and sharing that mix of sadness and hope for the future with him. When they went back in 2004 I watched the game with him. This year I’ll do it again. Just my Dad, me and my son at his house. (My Mom and my wife think they will jinx them if they watch so they’ll hide in the office on the computer.) It will be low key. No party, just hoagies, beer (for me any way) and my family and the game. When they win it I want my Dad and my son with me. Nothing else matters.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

No Super Bowl party for me. Too social.

I will be watching in my living room chatting with you guys and going on twitter some.

My wife is thinking about taking my kids to a neighborhood super bowl party and I hope she does. My dad wants to come up and I love him but he isn’t a fan. He hasn’t been on this journey with me. Really nobody has but you guys and a few other close friends.

If I had it my way I’d watch alone in my house so that when we when I can fall on the floor and cry like a baby just like I did when the Royals won the World Series. However if the Eagles win the Super Bowl my tears will be about 100 times bigger than when the Royals won.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I believe it will be only my wife and I at our house. Subject to change, but I don’t see a bar that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            When they win it I want my Dad and my son with me. Nothing else matters.
            I really like that Juk. My dad, who got me hooked almost 70 years ago (God! I'm a old fuck!) has been gone 16 years. My little girl (now 43) is a Birds fan (not psychotic like me) but she'll be watching in upstate NY with her husband and little girl and I'll be here in FL.

I go to SB parties only when I don't care too much who wins. I'll be watching this one alone (no one else allowed in under any circumstances because there are no other devout Birds fans that I know down here) with my dog and maybe the cat, if she wants to join us on the couch. Gail, who doesn't care much about football but likes it when the Birds win because I'm temporarily less of an asshole, will be on duty trying in vain to keep the happy screaming and unhappy cussing at something less than 3 times what is acceptable condo level.

I will be drinking only moderately because I don't want to be real hungover if they lose or unable to jump in the car and drive a thousand plus miles to Philly if they win.

I really hesitate to say this but, despite my efforts to subdue it, this entirely unhealthy impulse toward optimism has started to fuck with me..

WTF is the matter with me?

Comment

I’m trying to figure out myself what to do. I could watch with my daughter but I don’t want to scare her should we lose (or win). And I don’t want her growing up thinking that this stuff really matters. It’s a good distraction but it’s not life or death. It’s too late for me but I’m trying to be a good father.

Or I could head to an eagles party with some people who I don’t know that much.

I think maybe the best solution is to send out my daughter during the game and watch with you knuckleheads. Like aw said, I feel like you guys know the rollercoaster more than anyone else.

Comment

Haven't planned the menu yet, but gonna have the wife, kids and grandkids at the house for the game. Am considering a larger TV also.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Normally I don't care about who's playing in the SB but not this year. To me, this game is for EAGLES PHANS ONLY! EB & I will get together along with other Phans to root like hell for the Eagles to bring the Lombardi Trophy home FINALLY! So Rock On and ......
                  GO BIRDS!!!
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

SF... you hit the nail on the head. I have a nine and a six-year-old and they’re excited for dad but they don’t get it and I don’t want them to think it matters as much as I think it matters. Plus you guys have been on this road with me for so long I want to be online with you guys and some of the players on twitter.... insert Insert homoerotic jokes here.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Not to be a downer, but the plan right now is to bring my daughter and wife home from months at the Cleveland Clinic that weekend. The game and a win is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                        Not to be a downer, but the plan right now is to bring my daughter and wife home from months at the Cleveland Clinic that weekend. The game and a win is a bonus.
                        sorry to hear you are going through something like this. This sounds more important than football. My thoughts are with you.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Wow, So sorry KY, it does point out though how overly important we tend to make non real life things!! Best of Luck!!

You guys are starting to make me rethink my plans... I'm still going to Philly on Monday, Tuesday and Wed..... but my son wants me to watch the game with him. So now i have to reconsider the Eagles Bar and think about just spending it with him and my wife!!!

Comment

Share with the FAMILY !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

KY my thoughts are with you. Record the game and watch it when you feel like it. Spend the day with your family that is what matters!
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X