Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    and the Pats lost Soldier too
    Butler got outta Dodge pretty quick for huge dough. Very strange situation there. The Pats are now courting Robinson.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

After the SB I didn't think there was much chance of Butler staying in NE
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Doesn't leave the QB much reason to play hard, or hurt.
        Yeah, this really is a head scratcher to me. I think baseball/basketball blew it by giving in to guaranteed contracts. From both a business standpoint and being able to put the best product out there. The guarantees take away a lot of incentive, IMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          He puts up some pretty decent numbers for a choppy QB WC. I'm not a huge stat guy but an average QB ranking of 97 and 4,500 yards per season is pretty darned impressive over the last 3 seasons.
          He does put up good numbers but the team he was on has a losing record over his tenure I believe. Now, some may say it was others on the team but I think you have to question Cousins. Hell, career backup Keenum got you thirteen wins and didn't cost near as much. Was it your team that got you the thirteen wins? If so why spend (guaranteed money) a crazy amount on Cousins. I just don't see it. Lots of other places to spend.
          And the guaranteed money question. If I was an owner of another NFL team I would be kind of pissed at the Vikes for widening this door
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by nodakiggle View Post
            he does put up good numbers but the team he was on has a losing record over his tenure i believe. Now, some may say it was others on the team but i think you have to question cousins. Hell, career backup keenum got you thirteen wins and didn't cost near as much. Was it your team that got you the thirteen wins? If so why spend (guaranteed money) a crazy amount on cousins. I just don't see it. Lots of other places to spend.
            And the guaranteed money question. if i was an owner of another nfl team i would be kind of pissed at the vikes for widening this door
            Yes this!!!

Comment

and the Pats lost Soldier too
              4 years and 62 mill is nuts.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

4 years and 62 mill is nuts.
                LTs get paid a fortune. I've said forever that there should be more money for the guys on the bottom and less for the guys on top.

Comment

He puts up some pretty decent numbers for a choppy QB WC. I'm not a huge stat guy but an average QB ranking of 97 and 4,500 yards per season is pretty darned impressive over the last 3 seasons.
                  These were his last 12 games in 2017

WK Opp Result Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rate 6 SF W 26-24 25 37 68 330 8.9 2 1 102 7
                  @ PHI L 24-34 30 40 75 303 7.6 3 1 111 8
                  DAL L 19-33 26 39 67 263 6.7 1 1 84 9
                  @ SEA W 17-14 21 31 68 247 8 0 0 92 10
                  MIN L 30-38 26 45 58 327 7.3 1 1 79 11
                  @ NO L 31-34 22 32 69 322 10 3 0 133 12
                  NYG W 20-10 19 31 61 242 7.8 2 1 94 13
                  @ DAL L 14-38 26 37 70 251 6.8 2 2 84 14
                  @ LAC L 13-30 15 27 56 151 5.6 1 1 69 15
                  ARI W 20-15 18 26 69 196 7.5 2 0 117 16
                  DEN W 27-11 19 37 51 299 8.1 3 1 94 17
                  @ NYG L 10-18 20 37 54 158 4.3 0 3 31 Totals/Avg 64 260 20 12
                  So he went 5-7, avg'd 260 yds a game and his had TD/Int ratio of 1.67/1

He had 300 yard games against the Niners, NO and Denver- not exactly top defenses. I think he's decent and I get that it's the going rate, but that's a lot of scratch for a QB who's just meh.

Comment

LTs get paid a fortune. I've said forever that there should be more money for the guys on the bottom and less for the guys on top.
                    15.5 mill a year is too fucking much. They (GMs) just went crazy this week
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

15.5 mill a year is too fucking much. They (GMs) just went crazy this week
                      We say it every year-Free agents get overpaid! Nothing new here Bud. Burton's contract still blows me away. $32 million for a backup TE??? I agree that Soldier got QB money and that's crazy. Then again guys get $30 million for shagging fly balls so what do I know?
                      Last edited by Eagle60; 03-15-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Then again guys get $30 million for shagging fly balls so what do I know?
                        And the flys LOVE it!!!

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                        X