Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the kinda guy he is.... If we could only bottle it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the kinda guy he is.... If we could only bottle it!!

Torrey Smith Philly goodbye....
    ////////////

I would like to thank the entire Philadelphia Eagles organization for the opportunity to represent this city. Mr. Lurie thank you for being the man that you are and genuinely caring about your players and the people of the city. To all of the coaching staff, Thank you! Coach Groh thank you for your leadership and energy this season. I would like to personally thank Joe Douglas and Andy Weidl for believing in me since day one and treating me like family. We are family forever. I would like to thank my teammates, the men I will miss the most. I have never had this much fun playing this game that we all love and it was all because of y’all. We had a great time, worked our tails off, and made each other better. To my brothers in the wide receiver room I thank you! Groh and Press challenged us and we did it. WHAT A YEAR! We played for each other and because of that we will fly high together forever! I will miss G and the equipment staff, Pat and the video crew, strength coaches, trainers, pr team, SOME media folks (Someone tell Howard that Lebron is the GOAT), community relations staff, chefs, and janitors. I appreciate your friendship. I would also like to thank Duece Staley and Dom. Y’all are two of the realist dudes alive! Lastly to Philadelphia. Thank you for embracing my family and me. I look forward to visiting my family in PA for the rest of my life knowing that WE did it! They can’t take that away from us! I have grown so much in my faith over the last year because of the men in that locker room. I will miss our Saturday night meetings and will always be grateful for that. Business is business and my time is up. I’m excited for another fresh start. Can’t wait to see what God has next for me! One last time #FlyEaglesFly

Pure class

Comment

Awesome. Wish him the best!

Comment

Very impressed with how grounded and mature Torrey showed himself to be in handling what was apparently genuine disappointment with not remaining a Bird and a Philadelphian.

So many wide outs are annoying divas, it's refreshing to know that there are also admirable men like Torrey Smith and Larry Fitzgerald.

Comment

I was rooting for him to stay on as he came on big in the playoffs. 13 receptions on 20 targets plus the PI that he drew against Minny.
          Last edited by Eagle60; 03-10-2018, 10:45 AM.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nicely done.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

This is why we won. Guys like him, Celek, Long, maybe even Curry, Wentz. Great character guys that made sacrifices for each other. That will be tough to replace.

Comment

Not sure anyone could top Smith but both Robinson and Blount posted top notch thanks for their time in Philly
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

The Eagles may never win another one and then again they may win a couple more with Wentz, who knows? The one thing that I do know is that the 2017 Eagles team will always be my favorite because these guys were just great people on top of being great players. Just very likeable guys and role models (other than our man Kelce of course LOL).
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    The Eagles may never win another one and then again they may win a couple more with Wentz, who knows? The one thing that I do know is that the 2017 Eagles team will always be my favorite because these guys were just great people on top of being great players. Just very likeable guys and role models (other than our man Kelce of course LOL).
                    I couldn’t agree more about this team. We’ve all been through so many ”almosts” and failed expectations that to finally win one is not only cathartic but transformed the team to the way the 85 Bears are too Chicago

Comment

Working...
                    X