OT - OSU Prez Puts Foot in Mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - OSU Prez Puts Foot in Mouth

OSU Prez Gee (to The Associated Press): "...[H]aving been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day. So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to [be] in the big ballgame."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5845736

Fascinating that a president of a major university thinks it's part of his job to opine on football. Not sure what a gantlet is either. Great bulletin board material for the Boises and TCUs, but does speak volumes about how OSU views itself. I'll be rooting for Michigan for a second straight week - would have wanted to see them beat Wisconsin after the Badgers hung 83 on Indiana the week before. Hope my support helps the Wolverines more this week.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

How many BCS games has OSU been blown out in? I don't think OSU's strength of schedule (57) is anything for him to brag about. He should keep his yap shut & try to run the school not the sports teams.

Comment

I will NEVER root for Michigan, no matter how much I despise OSU. Just like me rooting for the Cowpukes, not gonna happen. I loved watching that asshole miss that field goal yesterday. FUCK the Cowgirls!!! Did anyone see Witten holding the jersey of the Saint player with one hand and throwing his other one up in the air to say he's doing no wrong as Austin runs by him for the TD? It must be nice to have all the calls go your way constantly. Just like the stinking Squeelers, it makes me sick.

Rant over.
      Last edited by Zepster; 11-26-2010, 01:26 AM.
      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
        OSU Prez Gee (to The Associated Press): "...[H]aving been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day. So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to [be] in the big ballgame."
        http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5845736

Fascinating that a president of a major university thinks it's part of his job to opine on football. Not sure what a gantlet is either. Great bulletin board material for the Boises and TCUs, but does speak volumes about how OSU views itself. I'll be rooting for Michigan for a second straight week - would have wanted to see them beat Wisconsin after the Badgers hung 83 on Indiana the week before. Hope my support helps the Wolverines more this week.
        Are you kidding flyered? The number 1 thing on his mind had better be football or he's out the door. That's just the way it is..
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X