Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for Cousins going to SF

Report: 49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo from Patriots

The San Francisco 49ers have traded for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

The 49ers traded their 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Garoppolo, sources said.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

That system makes these qbs look better than they are. I would never make this trade.

But the niners suck and I hope they continue to suck.

Comment

Seeing as though he's already a first round HOFer I'd say SF got a great deal!

Comment

Garoppolo's contract expires at the end of this season.

Comment

Pats wanted 2 #1s for him last spring.

Comment

Pat's got a deal for a player they may very likely lose anyway. They must see Brady playing next year and they will be active in their future QB quest
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Word is that they'll sign Kaperdick. Just another reason to hate those bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Word is that they'll sign Kaperdick. Just another reason to hate those bastards.
                Hope not.... Aren't both Kraft and Brady pretty close to Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Hope not.... Aren't both Kraft and Brady pretty close to Trump?
                  Yeah, they're buddies. Kraft will take the hit for the league. That's the word up here anyway. It's hard to believe Belechek would tolerate the distractions though. We'll see.

Comment

Get this, the guy doing the show (Lou Marlonni who was a backup catcher for the Red Sox) is arguing that the Pats should have kept Garappolo and franchised him at the end of the season. Are you friekin kidding me? It's one thing to have morons call up and spew their nonsense but when you have the guy running the show come up with that crap you have to know how friekin whacked these people are up here.

Comment

I'm sure Belichick is all in favor of them signing Kaepernick. He loves distractions, and flaky personas. Especially from someone that is just going to sit on the bench. Not a probowl talent. Not a starter. A backup.

Yea, I look for that to happen real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        I'm sure Belichick is all in favor of them signing Kaepernick. He loves distractions, and flaky personas. Especially from someone that is just going to sit on the bench. Not a probowl talent. Not a starter. A backup.

Yea, I look for that to happen real soon.
                        WEEI BS of course. Whenever I hit that channel in my car I wonder why.

Comment

Well that ends that

Patriots agree to 3-year deal with QB Brian Hoyer

Nov
                          11/1/2017 11:33:14 AM
                          |More
                          The New England Patriots and free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer have reached agreement on a three-year contract, league sources told Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston on Wednesday.

Hoyer returns to the team where his NFL career began as an undrafted player out of Michigan State in 2009. He had served as Tom Brady's backup through the 2011 season before moving on to stops with the Pittsburgh Steelers (2012), Arizona Cardinals (2012), Cleveland Browns (2013-2014), Houston Texans (2015), Chicago Bears (2016) and San Francisco 49ers (2017).

Hoyer had been released by the 49ers on Tuesday after they acquired quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots in exchange for a 2018 second-round draft choice.

The 32-year-old Hoyer joins Brady as the lone quarterbacks on the Patriots' roster. The two have remained close friends over the years.

Hoyer has started 37 career games, which gives the Patriots an experienced option behind the 40-year-old Brady. He has a career record of 16-21, completing 59.3 percent of his passes with 48 touchdowns and 30 interceptions.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

Working...
                          X