OT: Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sixers

Down 3-0 to an undermanned Boston team, with lost of flaws exposed, what are the lessons for the offseason? Embiid is a stud, and will continue to get better if he stays healthy. He is still learning the game. Simmons is a tremendous talent, but he needs to learn how to shoot to get to the next level. I love the fire and skill set of Saric, and think he is at worst a quality 6th man. Think Bobby Jones. Ersan is a good complementary piece, if his price in FA is right. And then what? Huge mistake imo not to give Fultz some run. If his shot comes back he has a chance to be really good. He is quick, creative and incredibly talented. RoCo is a dumb basketball player, pure and simple. Redick has been very good this year, but he is not part of the core going forward. Then you have Korkmaz (too early to tell), Holmes (good depth player) and Belinelli (a fleeting hero yesterday, but somewhat redundant with Ersan).

Team needs to make some moves, and had the draft and cap room ammunition to do it. I have no faith in Colangelo, which to me is the biggest issue.

George, Leonard and James are among the names we will hear this summer. I’d rather explore a trade for Klay Thompson, with his UFA looming next summer. We also need another player capable of creating his own shot and scoring on the inside. Right now we are too dependent on the 3-pointer, which is a dangerous way to live. This is where seeing what Fultz can do would be helpful in assessing offseason needs. Main thing is not to overreact to the Boston fiasco and remember where this team is in its development.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

If you trade for Klay Thompson, wouldn't Fultz have to go the other way? They play the same position if I am not mistaken.

Simmons has been exposed for his lack of mid to long range shot and his confidence is low to boot. Marcus Smart has only a slightly better shot than Simmons but he has the confidence to shoot if open. Simmons, not so much.

I think they also need a defensive stud. They don't have a versatile wing that can defend multiple positions so that your switches don't turn into mismatches. The C's seem to have several of them which helps their defensive rotations immensely.

Comment

Ugly series for sure. I got caught up with them this year because they seemed to gel and play well together. If honest though I'd have to say I didn't think they were ready for prime time when the season started. However, I think they were ready; maybe not quite as good as some others but they were competitive most of the time.
      Don't know who they need to move on but I'm a Simmons believer. He is off his feed right now but when on he is sure fun to watch. He will be back with confidence.
      As for Fultz I have to agree. The need to figure him out and the only way to do that is to play him IMM.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I think of Fultz as a combo guard, which means he should be able to play at times with Simmons (PG) and at other times with Thompson (SG). Think Thompson can also play a bit of small forward with his length and defemse. Should be enough minutes for everyone. Above all, I want the team to continue to be a team, rather than center on one ball dominant superstar (James et al). At times this year the Sixers played simply beautiful basketball, sharing the ball and finding open shots.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
        X