Everything You Need to Know About the Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything You Need to Know About the Sixers

- They hired a new GM, some guy named Hinkie from the Houston Rockets, big on "analytics". No more Ed Stefanski or Tony Dileo or Billy King

- Doug Collins is out of the picture - still no head coach hired, but I do hope they keep around Aaron Mckie

- Traded Jrue Holiday to New Orleans..>I'll miss him, I forget how young he is, but he is right in that second tier of PG...got a first round pick for him.

- Traded for the Nerlens kid from Kentucky. Tore his ACL in college. I have no problem with this, I hope they keep him out until he is healthy. I also realize he is a tweener with no offensive game. Best case scenario for his career, a poor mans kevin garnett.

- Drafted a Syracuse point guard. Good long, athletic kid, supposedly a "true" point guard, but I think that means he can't shoot

- Unfortunately Evan Turner is still on the team

Discuss amongst yourselves

I have to say - I love what they are doing. They are tanking, securing picks in the most loaded draft ('14) in recent memory and loading up on cap space. This is what truly needs to happen in order to become a contender in the NBA. You blow things up, start from scratch with young, high ceiling players and cap space.

Comment

Living in kentucky, I saw alot of Noel. He really has no offensive game, but, despite being a 1 and done player, he was the hardest working kid they had and played with the most effort and heart. In a lost season, he tears his kneee getting back on a fast break to block a shot. He may not score a lot, but he will be a fan favorite.

Comment

I think Noel can develop an offensive game. He's so young to begin with. If you look at Alonzo Mourning's freshmen stats at Georgetown, I think you'll see a lot of similarities.

Comment

On the Wiggins train! Hopefully they get Wiggins who will be their Durant and Noel will be their Serge Ibaka.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Great moves today!

Love this GM so far - and Billy King is up there trying to trade more old players and contracts

Granger / Eric Maynor / Draft Picks

Very Nice!

Comment

next season should be interesting for sure. Glad they didn't trade Thad
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I see maybe 5 keepers on this team right now -- MCW, Noel, Hollis Thompson, Thad Young and possibly Tony Wroten.

Two premium picks, say Wiggins and Exum, plus a bunch of second rounders, an FA or two and possibly a sitdown with LeBron James? Consider me pumped.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

They are playing this perfectly. Let's hope they lose tonight to the Bucks. It's the Tank Bowl tonight!

Comment

They have to get a top two pick at the end of this...I don't mind losing, but I hate being historically bad - I don't want this season in the record books....unless its "o yea, that's the season they tanked for Jabari Parker and won 10 straight titles"

Top two pick and get Doug McDermott with the Pelicans pick...pair with MCW and Noel..good core

Comment

They are looking and playing better and have the 2nd spot wrapped up. Cleveland won & New Orleans lost so they are in an almost virtual tie at the 9th spot with New Orleans having to play both OKC & Houston twice in their last 4 games.

Comment

Working...
                      X