Coaching Staff Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Staff Updates

Phillips Daniels tweeted a goodbye today so apparently he has been let go as the DL coach.

Urban and Engram told the Eagles thanks but no thanks.

Eagles are interviewing 34 year old Graham Harrell for the OC job. He is USC OC.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    phillips daniels tweeted a goodbye today so apparently he has been let go as the dl coach.

urban and engram told the eagles thanks but no thanks.

Eagles are interviewing 34 year old graham harrell for the oc job. He is usc oc.
    wtf??
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Two Ravens assistants decline to leave Baltimore for job openings with Eagles
      The search continues.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jan 17, 2020, 12:08pm EST

Well, it looks like the Philadelphia Eagles won’t be filling their offensive coordinator and/or wide receivers coach openings with a member of the Baltimore Ravens’ staff.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the team allowed quarterbacks coach James Urban and tight ends coach Bobby Engram to interview for jobs in Philly but they’re both opting to stay in Baltimore.

Baltimore Ravens

@Ravens
      Coach Harbaugh said that offensive assistants James Urban and Bobby Engram have decided to stay in Baltimore after initially interviewing with the Eagles for opportunities.
      Two Ravens assistants decline to leave Baltimore for job openings with Eagles
      comments
      The search continues.
      By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jan 17, 2020, 12:08pm EST

Well, it looks like the Philadelphia Eagles won’t be filling their offensive coordinator and/or wide receivers coach openings with a member of the Baltimore Ravens’ staff.
      Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the team allowed quarterbacks coach James Urban and tight ends coach Bobby Engram to interview for jobs in Philly but they’re both opting to stay in Baltimore.

Of course, “declining to leave” could also be interpreted as “didn’t get the job offer.”

In any case, the Eagles’ search for a new offensive coordinator and a new wide receivers coach continues. The Eagles also have a defensive backs coach vacancy to fill after losing Cory Undlin to the Detroit Lions.

Urban was only the third name to be linked to the Eagles’ OC job through media reports. The other two names: Jim Caldwell and Kevin O’Connell. O’Connell was hired to be the Los Angeles Rams’ offensive coordinator so he’s off the board. That leaves Caldwell, who should be a preferable target for the Eagles. But there are questions about the 65-year-old’s health after he had to step away from a full-time role with the Miami Dolphins in 2019. Urban was an intriguing target so it’s too bad he’s off the board.

No one should be losing sleep with Engram being out of the running for the Eagles’ wide receivers coach job. His track record isn’t overly inspiring. The other reported candidate for this opening is former NFL wide receiver and current New York Jets offensive assistant Hines Ward. Maybe the Eagles go in that direction.

There have been no rumored candidates for the Eagles’ defensive backs coach opening. Kris Richard and Jerry Gray could be names to watch there but that’s just me guessing.

I understand people getting antsy for the Eagles to make a decision considering there isn’t much other news to talk about right now. But it’s only been just over a week since the Eagles fired Mike Groh and Carson Walch. There’s no dire rush to fill these spots. It’s preferable to see the team to hold an extensive search and focus on getting the best candidates. Hopefully that’s what’s happening here.

Comment

He could be just what Doug is looking for-fresh ideas

He threw the ball all over the place at Texas State for Mike Leach.

Eagles interviewing Graham Harrell for offensive coordinator

Jan
        1/17/2020 3:12:38 PM
        |More
        The Eagles might have their eyes on a surprising candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator role on Doug Pederson’s staff, Zack Rosenblatt of NJ Advance Media reports.

That is: USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell is interviewing for the job on Friday, per Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Harrell has no NFL coaching experience, though he is considered a bright offensive mind in coaching circles. Harrell made his debut as USC’s offensive coordinator last year and signed a three-year extension in December, though that wouldn’t necessarily prevent him from joining the Eagles staff.

Before USC, Harrell was the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at North Texas and wide receivers coach at Washington State.

He was one of the most prolific quarterbacks in FBS history before a short career as a backup quarterback in the NFL for the Packers and Jets.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
        Last edited by Eagle60; 01-18-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          He threw the ball all over the place at Washington State for Mike Leach.

Eagles interviewing Graham Harrell for offensive coordinator

Jan
          1/17/2020 3:12:38 PM
          |More
          The Eagles might have their eyes on a surprising candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator role on Doug Pederson’s staff, Zack Rosenblatt of NJ Advance Media reports.

That is: USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell is interviewing for the job on Friday, per Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Harrell has no NFL coaching experience, though he is considered a bright offensive mind in coaching circles. Harrell made his debut as USC’s offensive coordinator last year and signed a three-year extension in December, though that wouldn’t necessarily prevent him from joining the Eagles staff.

Before USC, Harrell was the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at North Texas and wide receivers coach at Washington State.

He was one of the most prolific quarterbacks in FBS history before a short career as a backup quarterback in the NFL for the Packers and Jets.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
          This could follow the pattern of Andy Reid's hiring of Chris Ault when he took over at KC. Ault was hired as a consultant to school Reid in the spread offense as used in college. You can see the results now with Mahomes, etc.

Comment

Kind of surprised by Daniels. Didn't think the DL was a problem last year. I've touted coaching since hitting this board in '99 but am a little concerned about some of the moves. Third DL coach in three years and I don't recall off hand about WR coaches but it is something like 4 or 5 in as many years. Need a little consistency soon
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Kind of surprised by Daniels. Didn't think the DL was a problem last year. I've touted coaching since hitting this board in '99 but am a little concerned about some of the moves. Third DL coach in three years and I don't recall off hand about WR coaches but it is something like 4 or 5 in as many years. Need a little consistency soon
              I agree ND. I was surprised when i read it too.

Comment

Been reading that they might consider ex-Raiders DL coach Brentson Buckner, who was let go by Gruden so he could hire Marinelli. Nothing performance related. Just wanted Marinelli

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Phillips Daniels tweeted a goodbye today so apparently he has been let go as the DL coach.

Urban and Engram told the Eagles thanks but no thanks.

Eagles are interviewing 34 year old Graham Harrell for the OC job. He is USC OC.
                  Guys. I am somewhat concerned about Graham Harrell. He was only at USC 1 year. Before that he was OC at my Alma Mater, North Texas for 3 years. So, I am VERY familiar with him as I have seen almost all their FB games. I don't think he is ready for the NFL.

I didn't have much of a problem with him at North Texas, but it seems like most did. Most fans wanted to run him out of town and were shocked that USC even hired him. He refused to run any plays from behind center. As a result, short yardage situations were a nightmare (never ran a sneak that I saw).

Maybe he has changed. IMO, he is does have a bright mind and is of good character.

Here is the interesting part. North Texas has a very short, but terrific small QB named Mason Fine who just graduated. This kid is NFL ready in every category except his height. He is Russell Wilson, without as much of the mobility IMO. When Graham Harrell was here at North Texas, Mason Fine blew up the record books.

Mason Fine is expected to go anywhere from 6th round to UFA. If Harrell gets hired on here, watch for that possible draft choice. I would actually love that being a NT alum. Mason Fine is the classiest player I have ever seen come up through the program and also the most talented (but he is just 5' 11" and that is a stretch).

Comment

Pliny on Harrell I doubt he calls the plays so Doug will still run the ball. I think they could use him more as the passing game coordinator and Duce as the run game. Doug calls the plays.

As far as Daniels goes that is a head scratcher. I thought he did a good job of getting the DT ready after the rash of injuries. Rush and Ridgeway both looked like they could play little bit. Maybe its more the fact that Hall & Miller didn't progress and that he couldn't get Barnett to stop committing penalties?
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Sounds like an interesting project but Russell Wilson without mobility doesn't sound like a success. I think Wilson's greatest attributes are being elusive and being able to throw from damn near any angle/position.
                      I tend to agree that Doug will continue to call plays and with Duce's influence in the run game they will have some semblance of balance. I do think they will continue to foster the passing game using the RBs. Both Sanders and Scott are capable and Howard (if still here which I think will happen) has shown better in the passing game than people gave him credit for when coming here.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Sounds like an interesting project but Russell Wilson without mobility doesn't sound like a success. I think Wilson's greatest attributes are being elusive and being able to throw from damn near any angle/position.
                        I tend to agree that Doug will continue to call plays and with Duce's influence in the run game they will have some semblance of balance. I do think they will continue to foster the passing game using the RBs. Both Sanders and Scott are capable and Howard (if still here which I think will happen) has shown better in the passing game than people gave him credit for when coming here.
                        He is mobile 60. Just not as mobile as Wilson IMO. He is young and needs to put on about 20 pounds also in the NFL. He could be a great project. The guy is everything you want in QB, except for the size.

For a smaller QB, he can make all the throws. Very, very accurate. Like Wentz, this year he lost his top 2 receivers, which kept him out of the Heisman race. Not a replacement for Wentz. But, would make a terrific project if he could get picked up late or as an UFA.

STATS CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
                        2019 257 414 62.1 3,088 7.5 29 9 68 143.5
                        2018 303 469 64.6 3,793 8.1 27 5 68 149.4
                        2017 324 511 63.4 4,052 7.9 31 15 77 144.2
                        2016 155 261 59.4 1,572 6.0 6 5 75 113.7

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-best-qb-know

Comment

Working...
                        X