*UPDATED: Garrett Reid arrested again - NOW SENTENCED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *UPDATED: Garrett Reid arrested again - NOW SENTENCED

Oh, and by the way, Joey. My dad would have ripped your dad's arms off and beat the fuck out of him with em, and made him wish LT would break his other leg instead. You're lucky when you took the fence down to ride your dirtbike thru our back pasture and let the horses out that my dad didn't shove that bike up your ass. You know when your daddy told you not to go over onto our property any more? That's because my dad paid him a visit and scared the piss outta him. You little bitch.

end of rant.......
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Re: *UPDATED: Garrett Reid arrested again - NOW SENTENCED

Originally posted by FRESH
      My gosh Dutch, certainly you are allowed to believe whatever you want here. But I gotta ask, with what you have seen and heard form reid for the last 8 years, do you honestly think he is the sort of man to condone or disregard that type of behaviour, or do you see him as having a greater moral fiber than that?

I have some real compassion here for Reid. I do NOT, however, have much for his sons. Maybe I think about growing up across the street from Joe Theisman, and thinking that he was actually a decent dude, freindly enough anyway. And yet his son Joey was the most arrogant little brat I have ever met, and I laughed my FFFF-ng head off when I heard about the kid's drug problems. Typical rich kid/spoiled brat/nobody can touch me because my daddy is XXXXX syndrome. No sypathy, and basically just a hatred and resentment for the punks.
      It is difficult as a Reid defender from his very first day to take the position I do. As someone who spent several years studying to become a priest for Camden Diocese I take exception to anyone who dares give the old "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" attack to my belief. This is not the place for this discussion, but I am proud of my commitment and what I have fought for and survived for my religion and my country. To challange either is akin to an act of war. I would love to meet some of these assaults face to face and see how long they dare continue.

Back to the topic, I have completely believed in Reid and gone out of my way to defend him again and again. Now, however, I think that the traits such as the unwillingness to face up to the facts of eg. the need to run the dang ball but rather to go for the chuck and duck are maybe the same signs of disconnect from reality. He may just be so driven that the forest and the trees are one and the same. In this case, there is a history of several years with repeated stays in drug rehab in three states, which Reid has acknowledged. We now know ther were also repeated clashes with the law during that time. After the terrible events of January, the police garnered a huge stash of drugs from Reid's home. Now, after repeated transgressions, the police again, repeat again, found a lot of drugs in Reids home. How many years, how many rehabs, how many offenses, how much stash does it take until such an observant, detail oriented man like Reid is supposed to see what is befouling his home. How long does he let some druggies endanger his three young kids? I believe his parental love for his kids is an emotional corollary to his professional love for his concept of the WCO and that both are similarly flawed. In his shoes I would have eventually learned to look and check and confirm in many different ways what was going on with his boys, for his young-uns, for his wife and their family safety, for himself as a loving and supportive father. He seems a man who makes decisions based on input, facts and here he has intentionally or at least from an emotional weakness failed to get that input, those facts or acknowledge those fact when they are right under his nose. I simply don't believe him. Doesn't mean he is bad, but to me it means he has come unglued privately and I doubt, based on what I consider his hypocritical attitude towards certain players, that he can put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Comment

Working...
      X