Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird is da word
    Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
    Really, I think this hurts because if any ONE of the following things hadn't happened, we would have still won...

(1) Westbrook doesn't fumble
    (2) Lewis recovers that fumble
    (3) Hood doesn't get hurt
    (4) Akers FG goes thru the uprights instead of hitting the post
    (5) Someone recovers the fumble that Kearse forced on the sack of Eli
    (6) Trent Cole doesn't kick anyone
    (7) JJ doesn't stop blitzing the minute Hood leaves the game
    ( Reid doesn't go conservative on the run calls in the 2nd half
    (9) The drops by LJ Smith and Stallworth on 3rd down late in the game were both killer. If either of those balls are caught, the Giants wouldn't have had enough time to tie it. (This isn't getting enough discussion, IMHO.)
    (10) If Eli gets sacked instead of getting off that 3rd down throw from his knees for a 1st down to keep the drive alive - a veteran QB probably doesn't even throw that ball
    (11) I also have to think if they punt instead of going for it on 4th-and-1

ANY ONE! JUST ONE of those things don't happen and we win! That is a sucky string of bad luck, really.
    we can pick specific plays all game long that change the outcome but it doesn't explain why they stopped playing it the last quarter and a half. they had that giants team demoralized and fighting with themselves...it was their fault they let them in the game. they left points on the field and didn't put the game away...it is a matter of attitude
    When did they leave points on the field in the 4th quarter? Yes, they left points on the field - but that was during the time we had them "demoralized." They just didn't execute in the 4th quarter - in a catastrophic way. Plus, those cornerbacks killed us. As did the play calling - on offense AND defense. That's not attitude. That's flat out lack of execution, lack of talent at CB, and poor play calling. You can have all the attitude that you want, if you don't have execution, talent, good playcalling AND you have bad luck on top of it - you're screwed.

Comment

i just sensed a change in attitude...they backed off and the play calling reflected it. you don't go from dominating the line of scrimmage to looking lost with a change in attitude.

play to the whistle...the end of the game. they didn't finish the game

Comment

i just sensed a change in attitude...they backed off and the play calling reflected it. you don't go from dominating the line of scrimmage to looking lost with a change in attitude.

play to the whistle...the end of the game. they didn't finish the game
        Yes, but which came first? The change in attitude or the change in playcalling? To me, whenever you go into a "prevent" defense and stop pressuring the QB like you did for 3 quarters it LOOKS like you've lost "attitude" when in reality what you've lost is the aggresive playcalling that you had for the first 45 minutes.

Comment

you are right on...it starts with the coaches. I have never once seen any team benefit from a prevent defense. the purpose is to not allow a big play. all it does is give the offense the opportunity to dink it down the field 5 to 15 yards at a time.

i first blame the coaches...and then i blame the vets like trotter, dawkins, and mcnabb. those guys should know better then to back off

Comment

you are right on...it starts with the coaches. I have never once seen any team benefit from a prevent defense. the purpose is to not allow a big play. all it does is give the offense the opportunity to dink it down the field 5 to 15 yards at a time.

i first blame the coaches...and then i blame the vets like trotter, dawkins, and mcnabb. those guys should know better then to back off
            Trotter, Dawkins and McNabb are only carrying out the playcalling. I hardly see how it's their fault.

If you're going to blame specific players, lay the blame on Hansen, Wynn, Michael Lewis, Westbrook, the OL on 4th-and-1, etc. for not being able to execute.

Comment

there were some intangibles going on and this team clearly backed off...that comes down squarely on the leadership in uniform.

Comment

there were some intangibles going on and this team clearly backed off...that comes down squarely on the leadership in uniform.
                No it doesn't. How can you tell if they "backed-off"? Other than the play calling "backing off" what does that even mean?

Sounds like you are just throwing around cliches so you can blame as many people as possible.

And why not the best players on the team - that makes sense.

Comment

chris...please. they were up by 17 points in the 4th quarter...if that isn't backing off i don't know what would be. this was a total breakdown. that is the only way you lose a game like this. how can there not be blame to be laid on the players...and that starts with the leaders. that is why they are "leaders".

Comment

chris...please. they were up by 17 points in the 4th quarter...if that isn't backing off i don't know what would be. this was a total breakdown. that is the only way you lose a game like this. how can there not be blame to be laid on the players...and that starts with the leaders. that is why they are "leaders".
                    What are you talking about? They obviously "backed off". But the players are only as good as the play-calls. If the play calling is not aggressive, the play calling isn't aggressive. That's not a product of "leadership" that's a product piece o' shit play calling - on both sides of the ball. What did you want Trotter and Dawkins to do? Get the calls, call a time out, and then go give JJ a whack in the head?

Comment

how does a play call effect line play...they went from dominating the line of scrimmage to being dominated. the d line looked very average at the end of the game. line play is all attitude and they lost it

Comment

how does a play call effect line play...they went from dominating the line of scrimmage to being dominated. the d line looked very average at the end of the game. line play is all attitude and they lost it
                        Some of the time we weren't even using a 4-man line!

Plus, I love when a team stops playing well, the fans of that team say they "lost their aggressiveness". How much do you want to bet that Giants fans are saying that the Giants "found their aggressiveness"? So which was it? Truth is, both are human-nature finding cerebral reasons for physical acts. The fact is, they didn't execute AT ALL, and the Giants did. Part of that was play-calling, part of it was bad luck - and let's not lose sight of something that hasn't been brought up in any thread that I've read - the Giants are damn good.

You're fooling yourself if you think the Giants are a team not able to score a lot of points in a short period of time. So, some credit also has to go to the fact that the Giants are good team.

I'm still trying to figure out - after naming literally more than a dozen reasons why they lost that you are focusing on Trotter, Dawkins and McNabb - the 3 players who actually didn't screw up in this game.

Comment

they are the leaders...they make the bucks...it goes with the territory...like it or not. they talk the talk all year and when shit goes bad that is who you look towards. do you think those three guys are blaming hansen...if they are they sure don't deserve the roles they hold on this team

Comment

I just watched the tape. The Giants got each and every freaking bounce of the ball. ONE of those doesn't bounce their way, they don't win. ONE.

If there's a team out there that's banking on getting the lucky bounces every week, well let's just say I don't think that's a very good long-term strategy.

We lost. No doubt. But we also kicked the living shit out of that team. We beat them down. Doesn't count for anything in the win / loss column, but that team is not better than ours.

Bring on the Niners.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
                              I just watched the tape. The Giants got each and every freaking bounce of the ball. ONE of those doesn't bounce their way, they don't win. ONE.

If there's a team out there that's banking on getting the lucky bounces every week, well let's just say I don't think that's a very good long-term strategy.

We lost. No doubt. But we also kicked the living shit out of that team. We beat them down. Doesn't count for anything in the win / loss column, but that team is not better than ours.

Bring on the Niners.
                              that is the most frustrating part...they took their last breath early in the third and the eagles backed off to watch them die instead of burying them

Comment

The worst part is that we lost Kearse in OT when it should have never gotten that far.
                                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X