Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the chase for Bentley and Walker say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is possible, MD...I still do not know who they would have started there though...Herremanns? IMO it was all about finding a middle ground with Runyan...he wanted to stay/they wanted him to stay so I think they had the money budgeted, all that mattered was would Runyan take that amount...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Well in my heart I think they were done with Big Jon if Bentley comes aboard,,, either Andrews or Hermanns would have been the LT.

And I'm not 100% convinced that they wanted Bentley at C, IMO they might have been looking at G with him, who knows, maybe AR will fess up one day.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        Look - Lewis is what he is. He was miscast in 2005. I think by year end your WR corps looks like this:

Pinkston 100%
        #1 - Brown
        #2 - Gaffney
        #3 - Pinkston
        #4 - GLew
        #5 - Avant

Pinkston Not 100%
        #1 - Brown
        #2 - Gaffney
        #3 - Avant
        #4 - GLew
        #5 - Baskett
        Those sound reasonable to me, with the exception of McCants in Baskett's slot. I'm pretty sure Baskett will be spending the season on the practice squad.
        The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Oops - forgot McCants...good call.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

personally I think this FO has shown that they will always go after good young talent. IMHO if the FO believed Gaffney would be great in the offense, they would have signed him longer than one year...and Walker would not have even been looked at. However, with the current unknown and the cap room...why not look into Walker?

As for Bentley. I think it shows that the team has not been happy with both Fraley and Hicks. Adding Bentley would have helped alot. However, drafting Justice and Jean-Gilles and resiging Runyan certainly helps as much. I wonder if Runyan would have been resigned if we did nab Bentley?

as for Pinkston. I don't believe any of this stuff. He is a #3 at the worst. What if he is 90%? I say he still is #3 at the worst. Enough with this 100% or nothing crap

Comment

Crap? Wow.

Pinkston is on his way out of Philadelphia. You can believe it or not.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Crap? Wow.

Pinkston is on his way out of Philadelphia. You can believe it or not.

$100 bucks says he is an Eagle all year long.

Comment

I don't gamble but I'll make my avatar any ex-NFC EAST player you desire for the month of September if he's on the active roster week 1.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I don't gamble but I'll make my avatar any ex-NFC EAST player you desire for the month of September if he's on the active roster week 1.
                    Hmmm... so many choices.

ex-NFC East? So they can't currently be in the NFC east? Like Shockey or TO ?

Comment

Aikman...LT...Emmitt...Plummer...Phil Simms...so many choices...
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                        Hmmm... so many choices.

ex-NFC East? So they can't currently be in the NFC east? Like Shockey or TO ?
                        I don't want to torture you. Or me for that matter. I just want you to admit you were wrong when he is still here.

Pinkston will not only be here this year. He'll be here in 2007 and 2008....when his contract ends

Comment

IF he's healthy, I suspect Dawk is right. Sorry BP, I know you have your "sources", but I am just not feelin' it.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Aikman...LT...Emmitt...Plummer...Phil Simms...so many choices...
                            And just why should we all have to suffer if you're wrong BP?

Comment

I agree with MD, I don't know that Runyan would have been back if they signed Bentley. They had a need for a center, and Bentley is one of the best. In addition, he has a lot of desireable leadership qualities on the field and in the locker room. He would have been a perfect fit. Damned shame on that, but they got Runyan back, which is huge, IMO.

Jeeze, as far as Pinkston is concerned, I'm kinda surprised by BP's revelation. I'd be shocked to see Pinkston gone before the season started. Of course, we don't really know how his rehab is progressing either, and we don't know what we've got in Gaffney. The coaches know though, so it's quite possible that they know something we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                                No love for McCants, I see? I think he could compete for positions 3-5, and also is a valuable specaill teamer. I've lost any real interest in Lewis, I've seen what he can do. But the youngsters Avant, Baskett and Bloom will be worth keeping an eye on, as well as McCants in training camp. Can't wait to see these kids in action.
                                I thought the biggest complaint on McCants in Washington was that he didn't want to play ST. Now, he is a ST monster? Can you help me out here?
                                Pedro

Comment

Working...
                                X