The new lowering the helmet rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new lowering the helmet rule

I understand player safety but this is absurd. I can’t wait to see a team this year actually have more penalty yardage than actual yardage and still win a game. Can’t wait to see bozos like Pete Morelli interrupt this rule and throw flags when there is nothing there.
    This rule has a chance of turning this into flag football. I can see 5-10 of these penalties every game.
    Poor job NFL poor job
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

The no duck rule? Good luck with that
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This will make the old catch rule look good.

Comment

The more we give these officials reason to interrupt rules and throw flags, the longer the games will be, the more frustrated fans will get and the worse the product will be.

Funny thing the NFL network had the Eagles vs Pete Morelli (I mean Carolina) on yesterday. The officiating was so bad in that game but dare I say if this rule was in that game the Eagles could have had 200 plus yards of penalties. I am not sure it would have affected the Panthers much as they got away with many a penalty in that game so I assume they would have got away with the new rule.

The fans don't want to see yellow hankies on the field. They want players to play. I fear this is really going to hurt the game.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I really don't understand why they can't review the video of the game AFTER the game is over and then determine if a fine or suspension is warranted. I would rather have stiffer fines and longer suspensions then flags. Gronk should have gotten a minimum of 2 games.
          Officiating the game at full speed it too hard and these officials are throwing flags on bang-bang plays when they don't really know what just happened. McLoed had a ridiculous penalty in the Atlanta game (I think) for helmet to helmet contact that was unavoidable. The helmet of the player he hit was only two feet from the ground.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            I really don't understand why they can't review the video of the game AFTER the game is over and then determine if a fine or suspension is warranted. I would rather have stiffer fines and longer suspensions then flags. Gronk should have gotten a minimum of 2 games.
            Officiating the game at full speed it too hard and these officials are throwing flags on bang-bang plays when they don't really know what just happened. McLoed had a ridiculous penalty in the Atlanta game (I think) for helmet to helmet contact that was unavoidable. The helmet of the player he hit was only two feet from the ground.
            Excellent post Rob on all points Rob! Unfortunately they make too much sense for the NFL to adopt them
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X