Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could they do it?

Could they possibly make the playoffs?

Yes; the NL is so weak. But they will probably lose out by 1 game due to their inability to take the series with the Reds.

Just like last years lost series to Houston.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

they could still do it.

Comment

If they win today - then I'll start believing. A win today and they are at .500. I can't get my hopes up until .500 is achieved.

Comment

They can, but I doub they will. The bottomline is the NL stinks and their starting pitching is soooooo much better. Lieber has turned it around. Hamels is a stud, and Wolf has been way better than expected coming off of surgery. Myers needs to get his act together. Matheison still worries me, but they can skip him a few times down the stretch when they have an off day.
          Look out Jacksonville, here we come

Comment

.500 is now achieved and now I'm on board.

Call me crazy but I think the lineup may be better without Rowand. Our bench will be weak and I'll be interested to see what move they make today with Gordon going on the DL. Victorino and Dellucci in there today with Burrell against a LH pitcher makes for a solid OF.

Comment

I saw the Dodgers record last night (66-5 and how everyone is calling them the NL favorites and I said "Why not?"

As long as Manuel keeps Burrell off the field and Lieberthal from catching - we'll make a run at this thing. Let those two morons play and they'll find a way to screw it up.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

If Burrell could play more of a platoon, then he makes sense.

Vs. lefties - you can't argue with .299/.453/.645/1.098!

Also - Lieby is thriving now in this spot start situation. In August - he's played only 50% of the time and during that span, he's hitting .366/.435/.659/1.094 with 3 HRs. He also looks more energized behind the plate having thrown out some base runners.

Comment

Don't buy into Lieberthal. He'll only let you down. Keep him away from the field.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Burrell has to play now. no more platoon

Comment

Originally posted by ekravitz
                      Burrell has to play now. no more platoon
                      Yeah - I posted that prior to Rowand's "break". I think you could still platoon Burrell in some respects. If they brought up Bourn - you could rest Burrell at times.

Comment

For all the whining about this hitter or that hitter going into a funk and not displaying the Phill-itically Correct amount of "heart" at a given moment, it has always IMO come down to injured or shitty pitching each season by August.

If the pitching has finally stabilized and can give us a good mix of starters and relievers who don't plain suck every other outing, I say why not? I'll certainly put a toe or two on the bandwagon if they keep this up.

Comment

I think we need to wait and see what moves they make. Bourn is on team USA and already left Scranton. I'm not sure if they can get him back.

But right now, I don't think they can make the playoffs with this bench.

Comment

Working...
                          X