(Kinda OT)Santa Claus Revisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Kinda OT)Santa Claus Revisted

I'm watching the Phils game on the Yankees Network. Jim Kaat is fine, but Michael Kay is a smug azzhole, who acts like the Yankees are the only team in MLB. He doesn't even bother to mention the names of the Phils that are batting, he's so busy telling Yankee's stories that have nothing to do with the game. He does manage to mention Howard after he parks the second of Musina's "mistakes" in the seats.

The camera zooms in on Bowa and Kay starts knocking the Phils history, and Philly fans and how "miserable" they are. Then he says, "These are the fans that FAMOUSLY booed Santa Claus...and Mike Schmidt". Does the azzhole even know that Santa was tortured and murdered at an Eagles game.

I shouldn't let this old, trite crap get to me, but it does when it comes from a NY announcer. In my experience with NY City pro baseball, basketball, hockey and football fans, they are as vulgar and unruly as any fans in sports, and worst than most.

It's funny but I have a much easier time listening to the Yankees announcers than the homers the Mets trot out.

But yes, they do like to belittle the Phils franchise. Then again, so do I.

Comment

Ehh, scratch that. They just went out of their way to say that fans were leaving the game during a one run game.

"So, how about these Phillies fans..."

It's friggin 10:15

Comment

See-Ya!

Michael Kay is a tool, but I'll take him any day over Keith Hernandez. God, I hate that guy.

Comment

Re: (Kinda OT)Santa Claus Revisted

Originally posted by tinopuno
          The camera zooms in on Bowa and Kay starts knocking the Phils history, and Philly fans and how "miserable" they are. Then he says, "These are the fans that FAMOUSLY booed Santa Claus...and Mike Schmidt". Does the azzhole even know that Santa was tortured and murdered at an Eagles game.
          I thought the last scene in Braveheart was based on what we did to Santa Claus?
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
          X