Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
    Got the job done again last night.
    Watched most of the game during a 3 hour layover at JFK last night. Had to board just as Atlanta came to bat in the 9th. A month ago, I would have expected to land only to learn Lidge had blown another save. Strangely, last night I got on the plane thinking he'd probably hold the lead.

15 minutes later, I got ESPN on the inflight TV...5-3 final!

BTW, Brian McCann is a very good hitter, a God awful defensive catcher and one gold-plated, slow-footed, dumb fuck of a base runner!

Comment

I feel sorry for people who are Eagles fans and not Phillies fans. They're missing out on the sole redeeming feature of being a Philly fan right now.

Comment

SWEET!!

1-0 to complete the sweep and go up 6 with 9 to play.

- Oswalt comes up HUGE in the clutch and Madson and Lidge close the deal.
        - Raul's 2nd back-breaking double vs a lefty in 2 nights. Attributes his very strong 2nd half to cutting down on the swing and putting the ball in play. (Did you hear that Ryan?)

Had I not been going to Temple in '64 and witnessed loss after loss in the last 2 weeks, I'd say 'It's Over'.

Just one request...get Greg Dobbs the fuck out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          His velocity is way down. Dude is cooked.

The Mike Sweeney era is about to begin though!
          Lidge is demanding an apology, steve!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Lidge is demanding an apology, steve!

I do apologize to Brad. There is an interesting inquirer article this morning that basically says the velocity drop is now by design. He gets more movement and can locate the fastball much better at the lower # while setting up his slider. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X