No announcement yet.

Reports in Dallas: TO tried to commit suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was probably worried about facing Dawkins and the fans at the Linc.

Comment

If T.O. really tried to commit suicide, then I feel bad for him.

However, he had the 40 pill prescription filled on Sept 18 when he had surgery. I have doubts that he only tool 5 pills between Sept 18 and Sept 26.

I think it is more likely that most of the pills were already taken in previous days, and that this is all a big staged public event for him to make his ex-girlfriend feel guilty about things.

I just can't see T.O. actually trying to kill himself. But, I can see him trying to use the media for personal gain (guilt-trip on girlfriend).

Again, I feel bad for the guy if he really tried to end it all. But, I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
        If T.O. really tried to commit suicide, then I feel bad for him.

However, he had the 40 pill prescription filled on Sept 18 when he had surgery. I have doubts that he only tool 5 pills between Sept 18 and Sept 26.

I think it is more likely that most of the pills were already taken in previous days, and that this is all a big staged public event for him to make his ex-girlfriend feel guilty about things.

I just can't see T.O. actually trying to kill himself. But, I can see him trying to use the media for personal gain (guilt-trip on girlfriend).

Again, I feel bad for the guy if he really tried to end it all. But, I have my doubts.
        Cold assessment, but entirely plausible. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

All you need to do is look to Hollywood, which is filled w/ narcissitic types. They're some of the most insecure, depressed, lonely people in the world. All they have is their stage, and a million" hangers on". It looks great from a distance, but can probably be a sad life if you don't have your head screwed on right.
          You feel bad for anyone who is that lost, but I certainly don't pity anyone who would ever try to commit suicide. It's the single most selfish act a person could ever attempt.
          Good luck Terrell, I hope you find some help, here's to losing that alter ego of yours!

Comment

I wouldn't wish suicidal depression on anyone, and I already pitied the guy. If this is a legit story, the Cowboys should have him get help and order him to take the rest of the season off to get therapy, rehab, and whatever else he needs.

I'm the farthest thing from an expert on psych, but I've heard that suicidal types do the act either as:
            - the most desperate F-U to the world that they can give, because they think that the world has given them nothing but pain
            - the most desperate act of self-preservation imaginable, because they're so sick of themselves that they (irrationally) want to junk everything and somehow start over. But the catch, of course, is that you can't start over.

But of course, in the process they lose everything they have, and everything that they ever could have.

I wouldn't think that people could just try to commit suicide in the public eye and then carry on like business as usual. I mean, can hospital officials mandate that you spend time in a hospital if they think that you're a danger to yourself?
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I am having my doubts that this was a real suicide attempt, but was more of an attempt at some attention.

Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical, but all that was confirmed was that he was seen taking two pills.

Any way, I will be interested to hear if there are independent medical information that gives an idea of how much of the medication was in his system.

Comment

Balto I can already see T O coming out after this and doing the talk show circuit, and trying to dismiss everything and laugh it all off. Now that's sad !! And also pretty dangerous, if he's as depressed as it sounds !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
                  I am having my doubts that this was a real suicide attempt, but was more of an attempt at some attention.

Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical, but all that was confirmed was that he was seen taking two pills.

Any way, I will be interested to hear if there are independent medical information that gives an idea of how much of the medication was in his system.
                  ED, i'm cynical too, and I think everything T O does, is for attention. But if this was done for attention, he's still got to be in alot of personal trouble. I mean, who would do that, even for attention?

Comment

Originally posted by pete liske
                    Balto I can already see T O coming out after this and doing the talk show circuit, and trying to dismiss everything and laugh it all off. Now that's sad !! And also pretty dangerous, if he's as depressed as it sounds !
                    I hear ya Pete. Even if it's legit, I can just hear Rosenscum saying, "All right, we can use this as an opportunity to reinvent your image. How can we do that? All right, THIS will give you a clean slate with everyone!" The idea makes me f---ing sick, but in the NFL, who the hell knows.................

Just when this stuff couldn't get weirder!

Legit story or not, that dude needs help.
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

Aren't most failed suicide attempts done for attention? I hope this doesn't offend anyone but my impression is that anyone who tries to commit suicide but let's someone know in advance that they are doing it is reaching out for help. Whether the attention is to say "I have a problem and need help and I'm bringing it to your attention" or "Hey, I'm here, please take care of me" - it's still to bring attention to you and/or an issue.

Comment

BTW, get ready for a massive cover-up attempt by the Cowboys. I don't think we will ever really now the truth, only various rumors and theories passed around by those with "inside" information.

Comment

This is from the article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Pliny's right about cover-ups and rumors. Terrell's publicist Kim Etheridge apparently called the police to report a suicide attempt...and then she said the same day, "This is not serious."

WTF????????

She looks awful for saying it, but really, her job is to defend her client, and at the time everyone was in full denial mode.

KTVT/Channel 11 reported Wednesday that a woman named "Etheridge," likely Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge, called police at 7:51 p.m. Tuesday to report a suicide attempt. The station said Owens ingested 35 pills.

On Tuesday night, a Cowboys source said that Owens had suffered an allergic reaction to pain medication and was admitted to Baylor Medical Center.

Owens left the hospital early this morning and police said they would make a statement during "working hours." A news conference will be held later today, police said.

On Tuesday, Etheridge said of the incident: "This is not serious."
                          — Michael Strahan

Comment

Man, I hate the player. But all of us don't know the person at all other than the personae that he puts on for the press.

One thing he always showed when he was here was that he was overly emotional. Always to extreme emotions probably caused this. Maybe he does realize that he completely f'd up a good situation here in Philly and that his reputation is beyond repair. That would crush someone who craves attention as much as he does.

I hope he gets help and arrives at a middle ground emotionally so that he can live his life with friends and family. Don't care if he plays another down however.

Comment

Can you imagine T O coming to Philly now. As brutal as Philly fans can be, hell people ripped Joe Jurevicious when he lost his son.Imagine what they'll say to T O now. People will be calling him Crazy. Telling him to go kill himself, and finish the job. I can only imagine, it will be pretty ugly. If this guy is this mentally unstable, coming to Philly may literally be bad for his health!!

Comment

This is crazy!

The Smoking Gun has a copy of the police report;

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

TO told officers that he did try to harm himself.

He was even putting pills in his mouth as fire/rescue were on the scene.

The 911 call went out as an attempted suicide

Comment

Working...
                                X