What to do with Alshon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Alshon?

Since the end of the season he seems to be a lightning rod when his name is mentioned. I'm not sure but I think that he's due $9million this season. Personally I don't want him to go anywhere but I seem to be in the minority. With he and DJ coming back IMO we should be just as excited as we were last year. What say you?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I say Alshon stays for at least another year. DJax I'm not so sure about. Great talent but just can't stay healthy. All of the Mock Drafts I see have the Birds taking a WR in a deep WR Class. That seems to speel the end of DJax in Midnight Green. Howie says the Team is looking to get Younger so with 10 Draft Picks we could see a significant Roster turnover.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I'm not getting rid of neither one until I see 2 guys to replace them.I still think their skill set teamed with what we've got is going to be amazing.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I'm not getting rid of neither one until I see 2 guys to replace them.I still think their skill set teamed with what we've got is going to be amazing.
        Quoted for Truth!
        You don’t give up on that kind of talent.

Comment

I agree for the same reasons. There sure aren't many rookie receivers that just come in and light it up. Yes both DJ and Alshon have injury histories but we still should get quite a bit out of them and we still really don't know a heck of a lot about Sega. Ward is a legit NFL receiver so we're not nearly in as bad of shape as we all think that we are. I sure won't be upset if we go wr at #1 but I won't be stressed out if we don't.

Comment

Re: Alshon. I can't see the team moving on from him...this year. Next offseason may be different. One thing I did consider is the possibility of Alshon being IR'd this coming season if the team really was souring on him. He will likely be PUP at the beginning of the season. I guess the duration would depend on the progress of his recovery.

Comment

Damn! Lost my post and will try to recreate. My position is pretty well known. Going into next season with the same oft injured WR corps is not a strategy it is a wish and a hope. Some bird fans with green glasses may think they are good WRs but the league has no fear of them. I just read another article this week talking about Alshon being the locker room guy talking about Wentz. I don't know that he is but the bird's brass knows one way or the other. Look, Alshon has some talent, and he stood tall and took the heat for dropping the pass in the NO playoff game that sure looked like the game winner, but he left the field with a non-contact foot injury and he was pretty slow all year; before or after injuries. AND they drafted his replacement. Not sure why they would pay and give two roster spots to the same player. Desean on the other hand has a unique role or at least one that isn't matched by anyone else on the team. I am keeping him but even so I hope they bring in a VERY high draft pick and another fairly high one at WR. Please don't say rookie WRs can't make an impact; ours might not but there were some this year.
              Just my opinion but if Alshon is here it is strictly because of his contract-- which was a poor decision to save money short term.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

A receiver who is bitching about not getting the ball? And it was such a huge rant that nobody actually knows who it was? Has Alshon or any other receiver on the team ever bitched openly about not getting the ball? I'm guessing all 32 teams in the league would love to have such wr chemistry problems. When you start hearing about locker room scuffles and sideline theatrics then come and talk to me about Alshon or anybody else for that matter.

Comment

Maybe 60. Maybe
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

If the cap hit was minimum I would be fine with letting him go. At this point get him healthy, have him come in and compete with a rookie WR and JJAW for the starting spot. Don't hand it to him and see where it goes. Releasing him, trading him with a high pick so the cap hit isn't as much is not smart business. If he is healthy he can help this team. We just need to guard against him not being healthy. I am taking 2 WR in this draft. BTW Neither has to be in the first round VERY deep WR class
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

If they can go get a true lead WR and if AJ and DJ can come back and be healthy than the WR core will be fine. And then maybe get rid of one or both of them after next season. You can't absorb all this dead money this off season by cutting AJ especially.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If I was in charge of this off-season, I would focus FA acquisition in the defensive backfield and linebacker. Draft should be best available with the thinking that there will be a WR available when we pick at some point that is good value. There are so many good WRs this year that the 1st round doesn't have to be a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          If they can go get a true lead WR and if AJ and DJ can come back and be healthy than the WR core will be fine. And then maybe get rid of one or both of them after next season. You can't absorb all this dead money this off season by cutting AJ especially.
                          If DJ and Alshon stay healthy and have good years why would you want to cut them???

Comment

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...tract-cap-news

Pure speculation I'm guessing. The injury and the cap hit likely dictates that he's staying and playing

Report: Eagles are looking to move Alshon Jeffery
                            "..and Jeffery would “welcome the change of scenery.”

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Feb 21, 2020, 1:54pm EST

The Philadelphia Eagles are “looking to move” Alshon Jeffery, according to reporting from The Athletic’s Connor Hughes.

The following comes from Hughes’ story about Jeffery potentially being an option for the New York Jets:

Jeffery found himself at the center of midseason drama, too, which seems a key cog in Philadelphia’s interest in a divorce. With the Eagles offense in a slump, ESPN cited an anonymous source who ripped quarterback Carson Wentz and the group’s ability to function. Radio host Howard Eskin outed Jeffery as that source that week. While ESPN’s Josina Anderson denied it was Jeffery, several other Eagles reporters confirmed it, too. League sources told The Athletic that Wentz and Jeffery never saw eye-to-eye and their relationship was testy.

This sentiment lines up with what we’ve been alluding to here on Bleeding Green Nation and BGN Radio for some time now. I had the following exchange with Jimmy Kempski just this past weekend:

JIMMY: I’m already on the record over and over again saying that I think they’re going to cut Alshon Jeffery.
                            BLG: But why? Because I write this on BGN and people are like, ‘You’re crazy. It’s not going to happen.’

JIMMY: Well, I think they just want him out of the building. And rightfully so. I mean, it’s two straight years he criticized the starting quarterback.

BLG: Yeah, but how do you know it was him?

JIMMY: I can’t say that. But I’m extremely confident that it was him. And I think the Eagles know it was him. So, I think they’re going to want to get him out of the building. And I think they’re just going to take their medicine and take the cap hit.

Some have been reluctant to believe the Eagles will actually release Jeffery. Cutting him to create $26 million in dead money is no minor deal. In fact, it’d be the largest individual dead money charge in NFL history.

But the Eagles might be able to cut Jeffery without being on the hook for all $26 million in 2020. If a new CBA comes together — and it’s worth noting NFL owners have approved the terms of such a deal — there could be an option to designate Jeffery as a post-June 1 release. The Eagles would be able to “only” incur a dead million charge of ~$16.7 million in 2020, preventing them from losing ~$10 million in cap space this offseason.

Remain skeptical about the Eagles moving on from Jeffery if you wish. The reality is there’s more and more evidence that points to his time in Philly quickly coming to an end.
                            UPDATE: Jeffery’s agent weighs in, says Alshon loves playing in Philly for the Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                              https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...tract-cap-news

Pure speculation I'm guessing. The injury and the cap hit likely dictates that he's staying and playing
                              This is exactly why I hate the off season!!!!!!

Who the f is Connor Hughes and why would he “KNOW” this crap? The answer is he doesn’t .. unless the janitors second cousin is really related to someone who might know Luries next door neighbor!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X