Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    I find it hard to believe that...

The Browns think Tyrod Taylor is the franchise QB to lead the team into the future.

or the Cardinals actually think Sam Bradford's knee will hold up for a season.

or the Jets moved up to #3 in the draft believing that Bridgewater is the franchise QB to lead the team into the future.

I don't think those moves change anything.
    I really don't get Bridgewater's fall from grace to tell you the truth. Why is everybody so down on him? They think that they're going to win a SB with him and then he gets hurt but has recovered. And what's with the Jets anyway? The bring back McCown and sign Bridge and now they move up to #3 to grab another QB? That's screwed up man.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I don't think Jets are going QB. They will see what Bridgewater can give them and McCown is there in case Bridgewater doesn't have a knee.
      The Cardinals I just don't get. How in the hell can you give Bradford 20 mil. The man made 114 mil so far and has something like 35 career wins. That is like 3 and a quarter mil per win. I expect AZ, AT BEST, to pull out 8 wins with Bradford at QB. That will give Bradford 2.5 mil per win. He should tell AZ he isn't paid enough.
      And don't the Browns still have Kizer? If I were the Browns I would give up on QB because they just don't know what they are doing with the position and get the best player at every other position and hope the combo of Taylor/Kizer can't screw it up.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Kizer got traded to the Packers.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Ah okay. Thanks.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

[QUOTE=NoDakIggle;322641]I don't think Jets are going QB. They will see what Bridgewater can give them and McCown is there in case Bridgewater doesn't have a knee.

Why else would you move up to #3?

Comment

[QUOTE=Eagle60;322645]
              Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I don't think Jets are going QB. They will see what Bridgewater can give them and McCown is there in case Bridgewater doesn't have a knee.
              Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post

Why else would you move up to #3?
              Barkley ?
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

[QUOTE=musicman;322646]
                Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Barkley ?
                That's the only thing that I can think of too. But if he's taken then what? You already had a nice pick at 6.

Comment

they can use help all over
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Gang Green on Saturday traded with the Colts to move up to No. 3 overall in the first round of next month’s draft, the team announced on Twitter. It was a costly deal. In return, the Jets gave Indianapolis their No. 6 overall pick, both of their 2018 second round picks — 37th overall and 49th overall — as well as a 2019 second-round pick.

I don't think that you make this trade unless you know that your guy will be there, especially if you need "help all over" LOL. That FO is fucked up. On top of that you only make that kind of move for a QB!

Comment

• Yea you may be right but they may also know Barkley will be there-- although I doubt it. It is all speculation
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Yea you may be right but they may also know Barkley will be there-- although I doubt it. It is all speculation
                        I don’t believe any team knows anything. The Browns are picking first. They don’t know who they are going to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Yea you may be right but they may also know Barkley will be there-- although I doubt it. It is all speculation
                          Don't you think that these trades on draft day have gotten out of control? I can't believe how much it costs to move up and it gets worse every year. It's starting to make that movie "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner look tame.
                          Last edited by Eagle60; 03-18-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Don't you think that these trades on draft day have gotten out of control? I can't believe how much it costs to move up and it gets worse every year. It's starting to make that movie "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner look tame.
                            I think the mantra that if you don't have a good quarterback, you can't win is starting to overcorrect itself a little bit. Teams now seem to be either overpaying for FA quarterbacks, or paying a king's ransom to move up. I think teams see what happened with the Rams (Goff) and Eagles (Wentz) when they moved up to grab the QB's they wanted, and now everyone's trying to do the same thing.

It will be interesting if we get another year with a bunch of Tim Couches if teams back off again down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                              I think the mantra that if you don't have a good quarterback, you can't win is starting to overcorrect itself a little bit. Teams now seem to be either overpaying for FA quarterbacks, or paying a king's ransom to move up. I think teams see what happened with the Rams (Goff) and Eagles (Wentz) when they moved up to grab the QB's they wanted, and now everyone's trying to do the same thing.

It will be interesting if we get another year with a bunch of Tim Couches if teams back off again down the road.
                              IMO there are more Couches and Tebows in this draft than Carsons by a long shot. It will be fun to see the failures.

Comment

• I'm so glad that we don't have to worry about that shit for awhile! There's nothing worse than being in QB hell. There's so many more busts than hits drafting a QB and it usually takes a few years to even find out if you guessed right never mind developing one.

Comment

Working...
                                X