The subs sure looked a lot better with a decent QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The subs sure looked a lot better with a decent QB

There's been a fair amount of concern about the quality of the Eagle depth throughout the preseason, as the subs have been getting beat. But they looked pretty good with A.J. in there. Shoot, A.J. should be the No. 2 QB, not Garcia, if you ask me.

If McCants played his way onto the roster, who is gone? Avant looked ready for prime time to me. Could Gaffney go?

Hope the Eagles can stash Nick Cole on the practice squad, he's a load.

I was a bit disappointed in the play of the defense in the second half. with Ramsey and Bunkley in there at DT, i didn't expect the Jets to be able to run the ball as well as they did.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

I've said the same thing myself for a couple years--how can the coaches even get a good look, and evaluate the backups, with Koy being so awful.

Its a shame really. Isn't it refreshing to see an Eagles backup QB who can throw the rock through a wet paper bag?

AJ has NFL size and a real good arm. He processes things quickly, and the ball is out on time. He has better mobility than Koy.

Koy was one of the worst NFL players on any roster the last 2 years. Nice guy, but as Buddy Ryan used to say, "my boys are nice kids but I don't want them on my team."

Comment

Re: The subs sure looked a lot better with a decent QB

LT, I agree with everything you said.

The TD pass from Feeley to Avant showed me a lot. The pass was delivered with zip (something we haven't seen from our backup QB's) and Avant's adjustment to the ball showed that he is a big time receiver (I'm getting much happier with the quality of our WR's).

I was also disappointed with the play of Ramsey and Bunkley in the second half. But, I attribute a lot of it to the fact that they had to adjust to so much playing time. They just weren't accustomed to going at game speed for such a length of time. You could see Bunkley really sucking air.

I also agree with Cole. He is a beast. Should make the PS. Hope he doesn't get stolen.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Cole just might bump Fraley off at 4:00. He Justice and Young looked good last night.

Garcia has been up and down , Feeley will be too but at least this year we have 3 NFL QBs. Give them time with our monstrous OLine and some decent weapons and they could hold the fort. I feel real good about about this set.

Comment

Unlike most I take nothing out of these games. Playing good against second stringers is nice and all but means nothing if you can't do it against starters once the games matter.

I agree with FD that it will be nice to have 2 competent QBs behind Donnie.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Bunkley was gassed, don't take anything from last night!

Plus all anybody wanted to do in that second half, other than guys trying to impress, was to get out of that game healthy.

Comment

How can you NOT take anything from last nights game. Fact is, the first half was played by athletes who either WILL make an NFL team, or are right there on the bubble, and every one of them should be fighting for their NFL lives and giving al they've got.

Some did, some didn't. But don't tell me it doesn't mean something. It meant something to a LOT of guys on the field last night, as well as a lot of coaches.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Especially in the trenches the first half at least, was a very good test. Verdammt we had an Oline with Justice, Young/Gilles, Cole, Darilek and McCoy. Then we ran a Dline out there with Thomas, Ramsey, Bunkley, McDougle. In both cases they were rooks or functional rooks with just 1 young vet. The level of play they showed to get to 17-0 was a great tribute to how far they have come this summer. They got a chance to strut their stuff and strut they did! Look at how far Bunkely has come. Watch Young maul some guys. Cole, the masked man from nowhere, had so much fun, he came back disguised as the "Refrigerator" and blocked out any fears we had about a "big" back down in the redzone. Try a couple more Cole/Tapeh panzer excursions down there and watch how much they bite on Donnie's next playaction. Yeah it meant a lot to the players, to opposing scouts and to me as a fan. I flat out loved what it showed.

Comment

In addition to what Fresh and FD have said, I'll add that it showed how well Feeley was able to pick up the offense where he left off -- plus it showed the strength of his arm and passing accuracy vs. Garcia.

It is going to take a full 53-man roster to win it all. Last night's game helped the coaches decide who those 53 men are!
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
                    Especially in the trenches the first half at least, was a very good test. Verdammt we had an Oline with Justice, Young/Gilles, Cole, Darilek and McCoy. Then we ran a Dline out there with Thomas, Ramsey, Bunkley, McDougle. In both cases they were rooks or functional rooks with just 1 young vet. The level of play they showed to get to 17-0 was a great tribute to how far they have come this summer. They got a chance to strut their stuff and strut they did! Look at how far Bunkely has come. Watch Young maul some guys. Cole, the masked man from nowhere, had so much fun, he came back disguised as the "Refrigerator" and blocked out any fears we had about a "big" back down in the redzone. Try a couple more Cole/Tapeh panzer excursions down there and watch how much they bite on Donnie's next playaction. Yeah it meant a lot to the players, to opposing scouts and to me as a fan. I flat out loved what it showed.
                    Cool post! Didn't see the game, but I like the sound of that, especially having an OL as a fullback!
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                    X