OT: I feel like shit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: I feel like shit....

Not because I’m ill, but because this massacre in Vegas is making me sick! I have lost too many people in the last year to cancer to feel anything less than blessed to be healthy and alive. I watched over a dozen friends and family fight their asses off to have another day on earth. This piece of shit takes dozens and dozens of lives and injures over 500 others for no reason - NONE! I’m angry, depressed and confused. I don’t want to get political bit we have to change things in this country.

Mike. Carla. Lenny. Joe. Frank. Laura. Susan. Justin. Natalie. Tom. There are others - too many to list here. They all fought for their lives. Some won, most lost. Live is precious. But we keep learning that it only takes 1 person to disagree to impact thousands of others. This is a sports forum, I get that. But it doesn’t feel right to not acknowledge what happened Sunday night.

Right now I need to go and pray. Then I’ll cry and pray some more.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    Not because I’m ill, but because this massacre in Vegas is making me sick! I have lost too many people in the last year to cancer to feel anything less than blessed to be healthy and alive. I watched over a dozen friends and family fight their asses off to have another day on earth. This piece of shit takes dozens and dozens of lives and injures over 500 others for no reason - NONE! I’m angry, depressed and confused. I don’t want to get political bit we have to change things in this country.

Mike. Carla. Lenny. Joe. Frank. Laura. Susan. Justin. Natalie. Tom. There are others - too many to list here. They all fought for their lives. Some won, most lost. Live is precious. But we keep learning that it only takes 1 person to disagree to impact thousands of others. This is a sports forum, I get that. But it doesn’t feel right to not acknowledge what happened Sunday night.

Right now I need to go and pray. Then I’ll cry and pray some more.
    Juk,

The fact that, after almost 48 hrs since it hit the news, you are the first to comment on this monumental tragedy I think says something. I don't know what that is, but it strikes me as strange.

Comment

TP

I am just trying to forget about it. I haven’t watched the news in a few days and don’t plan too. Maybe that seems callous but I just can’t anymore.

I am trying to take a mental break from all the madness and focus on raising my kids.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think everybody is in shock tino. I don't even know how to comment on it and I think that most people think the same way. It's just horrific and really unbelievable.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I wish there was a way for the news to never name the attacker and how many deaths. It's like a fucking video game now.

Comment

Our two older girls have a volleyball tournament in Vegas in February at Mandalay Bay. Not sure how to feel about it.
            There were also two acts of violence/terrorism in Edmonton this past weekend and we are heading there this upcoming weekend.
            https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4316450
            Is anywhere safe?
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              TP

I am just trying to forget about it. I haven’t watched the news in a few days and don’t plan too. Maybe that seems callous but I just can’t anymore.

I am trying to take a mental break from all the madness and focus on raising my kids.
              AW and E60,

I think I fully understand what you're saying...and I'm not being critical of the lack of response. After all, I posted on a single person's death (Tom Petty) but referenced Las Vegas in only a very indirect manner without even mentioning the masacre. It just struck me as atypical for our forum and probably reflects the fact that we're all a bit shell shocked.

I believe the horrific impact of 3 major hurricanes and now this unspeakable evil, occurring one after another, has had the effect of just beating us all down emotionally.

Comment

It’s been a rough month for me. The hurricane evacuation. Then I flew to PA to attend the trial of my 16 year old granddaughter’s abuser. Found guilty on all 5 counts in 30 minutes of jury deliberation. Then I’m back home to find out my MIL cancer is spreading like a wildfire. Just started morphine and already her dosage has been upped. She’s lived with us for the last 7 years. I am at a loss for words about Vegas. I can’t fathom why. It’s a sick world and getting sicker by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  TP

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I avoid Facebook because I am tired of all the political fighting. I try and avoid the national news because I am tired of all the race related issues. I understand that there is a lot of racial tensions and frustrations right now. But, when the media focuses on the real troublemakers on both sides, it just seems to make things worse. How about some positive news once in a while regarding the good things that are being done ?

My wife gets in political and religious debates all the time on social media. All it does is make her angry.

The thing that happened in Vegas just makes me sick. But, it is now the world we live in. It seems like people will do anything to get their 5 minutes of fame.

I think that is why I like hanging out at my favorite sports forums so much. It is a break from the real world and social media constantly beating us down.

My sincere condolences for anyone here that has been personally affected by the Vegas nightmare. I certainly don't mean to trivialize what took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                    Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I avoid Facebook because I am tired of all the political fighting. I try and avoid the national news because I am tired of all the race related issues. I understand that there is a lot of racial tensions and frustrations right now. But, when the media focuses on the real troublemakers on both sides, it just seems to make things worse. How about some positive news once in a while regarding the good things that are being done ?

My wife gets in political and religious debates all the time on social media. All it does is make her angry.

The thing that happened in Vegas just makes me sick. But, it is now the world we live in. It seems like people will do anything to get their 5 minutes of fame.

I think that is why I like hanging out at my favorite sports forums so much. It is a break from the real world and social media constantly beating us down.

My sincere condolences for anyone here that has been personally affected by the Vegas nightmare. I certainly don't mean to trivialize what took place.
                    I couldn't agree more Pliny.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

This is exactly why I have always tried to make this place politics free.

I'm tired of it. The fat cats in Washington are taking us all for a ride and we're fighting each other like idiots instead of fixing the problem.

Plus life is short so no need for more angst when we can just talk football.

Granted being an Eagles fan is no picnic....

Comment

Thanks to you for such a noble pursuit, and thanks to all who post here for making this a football (and cheerleader) oasis!

I haven't had much time at all to post here lately due to several factors, the biggest being that my job is shutting down at year's end. Due to attrition (retirements, people bailing for new jobs), we've been forced to work extra shifts to continue 24-hour operations. Therefore I too have watched less news lately and have (long ago) minimized Facebook time. As for the job, I have several prospects that look very promising. Just need one!

Comment

I need to avoid the news for a while. This thing has hit me harder than I would have imagined it would.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            AW and E60,

I think I fully understand what you're saying...and I'm not being critical of the lack of response. After all, I posted on a single person's death (Tom Petty) but referenced Las Vegas in only a very indirect manner without even mentioning the masacre. It just struck me as atypical for our forum and probably reflects the fact that we're all a bit shell shocked.

I believe the horrific impact of 3 major hurricanes and now this unspeakable evil, occurring one after another, has had the effect of just beating us all down emotionally.
                            Totally agree!

Comment

Love you guys.

I’m so gay... not that there’s anything wrong with that.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X