A few thoughts on the Wentz contract-BGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    I certainly don't want to trade him, or let him walk. That's not what I'm saying at all.

All I am saying is that I am not so sure that I wouldn't rather have Nick Foles and the contract he signed in Jacksonville, plus the draft picks they could have gotten for Wentz, plus the difference in dollars between what Nick got, and what Wentz will surely get, to pay for additional talent on the roster. Like I said, it's a team sport.

That said, the Eagles made their decision. They know they're going to have to pay Wentz what the market dictates, and they will do that. I just hope for our sake that they made the correct decision.
    It's not even close EB. Nick had a sensational SB and forever will be my favorite Eagle but the difference between the two is just too much. I even bought a signature helmet from the SB but any team would kill for Wentz. That includes GB, NO and NE. I even bought a signature helmet from the SB but any team would kill for Wentz. Hell DeMarcus Lawrence just signed for more than Nick got and so did Cox. On top of that I'm sure Howie is going to deal a team friendly contract.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 04-09-2019, 07:40 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Uh oh..

Carson Wentz’s back issue “still getting there”
      Posted by Darin Gantt on April 16, 2019, 5:56 AM EDT

Getty Images
      Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz was upbeat and positive yesterday, saying his plan was still to be ready by the time the Eagles hit the field for OTAs.

That is not the same as being healed.

As noted by Dave Zangaro of NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com, Eagles coach Doug Pederson announced that Wentz’s stress fracture in his back would take around three months to be fully recovered. That makes this week a month past that expectation.

“It’s still getting there,” Wentz said. “Some of the stuff just takes time. That’s not really the main concern, it’s just kind of how I feel and I feel really good with where I’m at.”

Given Wentz’s injury history, any issue that lingers a month past the first timeframe is going to be a concern. Of course, it also shows why some coaches are so antsy about putting timeframes on injuries, because it creates alarm if they’re not accurate.

He said he can throw and run, but didn’t get into many specifics. He obviously doesn’t have to worry about contact until the preseason (and not much then).

The next real milepost for Wentz will be May 21, when they begin the OTA portion of their offseason program. If he’s not out there five months out from a three-month recovery, then there will be more explaining to do.
      ---------
      Don't know if that's cause for concern, or not. But, I'd certainly rather hear that he's healed.

Oh, and Russell Wilson just broke that bank yesterday also. 5 years, 157 million, and 65 million signing bonus.

Comment

My guess is the docs are feeling a lot of heat these days in trying to answer Lurie & Co questions
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Shit! That's all that we need, a QB with a back problem. THIS REALLY SUCKS! The friekin things never get right.

Comment

And I just read that Carson said the dreadful "let my agent handle it" to the press

Source: Seahawks make Russell Wilson top paid in NFL
            Apr
            4/16/2019 6:41:05 AM
            The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports via Brady Henderson of ESPN. This according to a source.

With the four new years added to his contract, Wilson, 30, is now contractually tied to the Seahawks through the 2023 season, the source said.

In addition to topping Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' contract as the richest ever with a new-money annual average of $35 million per season, Wilson's signing bonus also sets a new record. Rodgers was first in both categories at $33.5 million and $57.5 million, respectively, on the extension he signed last summer.

The deal includes a no trade clause, a source said.

Wilson, without specifying terms, said he had reached a deal in a video he posted to Twitter about 45 minutes after the passing of the midnight deadline that his side had set for an extension.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

"Letting my agent handle it" just means "I'm not answering any questions about it".
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                "Letting my agent handle it" just means "I'm not answering any questions about it".
                Yes I know spurr but there was nothing about "I want to be an Eagle forever" comment either or "I don't want to break the bank".

Comment

Working...
                X