Some O line changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some O line changes?

Big V was working at guard yesterday and Mailata was working at right tackle indicating that he could be a swing tackle.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Doug said he wanted most of the lineman to be more versatile. They're going to keep Dillard at LT only but others will be moved around during OTAs and camp.

Comment

I would think that Dillard will be active on game days as well as Big V and Wiz. Big V would come in for any RT issue, Wiz interior line and Dillard LT. I don't think they will have a swing tackle position this year.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        I would think that Dillard will be active on game days as well as Big V and Wiz. Big V would come in for any RT issue, Wiz interior line and Dillard LT. I don't think they will have a swing tackle position this year.
        Where would Mailata fit in then or do you think he'll have another year of inactive designations?

Comment

I still wouldn't rule out Pryor to be part of the mix. He had a few pancakes in the preseason last year. That's why I mention him so much. It doesn't seem like the coaches do though.

Comment

Agree stevemc. Doug & Co are still looking at the OL and who will fit where. Spadaro specifically said they want Seumalo to become a LG so they will give him every opportunity to succeed or fail this year. Supposedly you won't see him doing much backup C duty. I think that will be Wiz' role. V has had a couple years at LT and Dillard needs to learn the position at an NFL level so he will be there as much as possible which means V needs to work somewhere during OTAs/camp. My guess is Dillard will be inactive and V will step in during an in game injury but given a week to practice Dillard will get a shot. Pryor is in the interior OL mix but he doesn't give you the flexibility that Wiz does right now. Key is Brooks' status
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Agree stevemc. Doug & Co are still looking at the OL and who will fit where. Spadaro specifically said they want Seumalo to become a LG so they will give him every opportunity to succeed or fail this year. Supposedly you won't see him doing much backup C duty. I think that will be Wiz' role. V has had a couple years at LT and Dillard needs to learn the position at an NFL level so he will be there as much as possible which means V needs to work somewhere during OTAs/camp. My guess is Dillard will be inactive and V will step in during an in game injury but given a week to practice Dillard will get a shot. Pryor is in the interior OL mix but he doesn't give you the flexibility that Wiz does right now. Key is Brooks' status
              Brooks is such a fricken stud!

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                Where would Mailata fit in then or do you think he'll have another year of inactive designations?
                Inactive if he even makes the team. Going to be a tough one for Mailata as there is some really competition after the top 8.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...tarts-up-front

60, it is just a filler article, however Lawlor talks about a whole bucket of O Linemen in this article but again no mention Pryor. Like you I thought he had some talent but I think he may have a hard time breaking into the mix.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...tarts-up-front

60, it is just a filler article, however Lawlor talks about a whole bucket of O Linemen in this article but again no mention Pryor. Like you I thought he had some talent but I think he may have a hard time breaking into the mix.
                    Heck he talked about every lineman in the country including the milkman and skipped over Pryor. It's got to make you wonder. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this summer I guess but it's like the guy is invisible. I've got a feeling he's going to end up being like the Ranger that we cut a few years back that stars for Pittsburg now.

Comment

Doug said they were going to cross-train Mailata at RT, and cross-train Big V at guard. Dillard is obviously the backup LT going forward. It will be interesting to see who is active on game days, since Dillard can only back up the one position, but it's also one likely to need a few snaps during the game. You'd want someone to back up RT though if the need came up.

Mailata is obviously being groomed to be the swing tackle in 2020 and beyond -- I think Vaitai probably leaves for greener pastures next year so they will want to have someone groomed. The team really did not have room for another OT -- they sat two on game days last year, and everyone is intended to make the team again this year -- so they may have to go light somewhere else. If Pryor does not improve from last preseason though, he could be the odd guy out. He was probably better at OT but the team really does need OG backups -- Pryor could end up on the practice squad, but it will definitely be a competition to see who steps up at OG.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                        Doug said they were going to cross-train Mailata at RT, and cross-train Big V at guard. Dillard is obviously the backup LT going forward. It will be interesting to see who is active on game days, since Dillard can only back up the one position, but it's also one likely to need a few snaps during the game. You'd want someone to back up RT though if the need came up.

Mailata is obviously being groomed to be the swing tackle in 2020 and beyond -- I think Vaitai probably leaves for greener pastures next year so they will want to have someone groomed. The team really did not have room for another OT -- they sat two on game days last year, and everyone is intended to make the team again this year -- so they may have to go light somewhere else. If Pryor does not improve from last preseason though, he could be the odd guy out. He was probably better at OT but the team really does need OG backups -- Pryor could end up on the practice squad, but it will definitely be a competition to see who steps up at OG.
                        This is why I am a big believer in the preseason FO. How else can you evaluate the talent of this crew or our dbs? The games are very important to me and I enjoy watching them (if I can get one up here in Mass). I like to tape them and rewind each play a few times to see what each guy is doing. It doesn't help at all with the dbs though. For one you don't know their responsibilities but even if you did they're never in the picture anyway but you do get good shots of the OL, DL and LBs and most of the skill players. The shortening of the preseason might have worked in the old days when you had control of the players their whole careers but now you really have to develop young guys quicker to replace FAs that are moving on.

Of course season ticket owners fund the whole thing and they get screwed so that should be changed but we all know that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X