No announcement yet.

I don't see Spags coming here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it's true man. I think he'd be a great addition, and I'd like to see him step in for Reid whenever the time comes.

Comment

Report: Spagnuolo expected back to Eagles by end of the week

Steve Spagnuolo will return to the Eagles in some coaching capacity by the end of the week, according to a report. (Yong Kim/Staff File Photo)

Steve Spagnuolo is expected to return to the Eagles by the end of the week, Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network reported.
      LaCanfora, citing NFL sources, wrote that Spagnuolo will replace embattled defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, perhaps not in name, but as the leader of the Eagles defense.
      The Eagles had no comment.
      Andy Reid is on vacation until the end of the week, so it is unlikely that any coaching changes will be announced. Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January.
      Spagnuolo is currently also on a vacation with his wife (at the same location as Reid?) but is expected to return tomorrow. He was fired by the Rams last week after three years as head coach. Spagnulo spent eight years with the Eagles as a defensive assistant, but left in 2007 to become the New York Giants' defensive coordinator.
      If Spagnuolo does not replace Castillo as coordinator he could be named an assistant head coach along with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. If Castillo is out in his current position, he could fill the vacany at secondary coach after Johnnie Lynn was fired last week.
      Former Eagles safety Quintin Mikell, who played under Spagnuolo last season in St. Louis, said last week that he thought his former coach would end up back in Philadelphia. Mikell said that Spagnuolo, as head coach, may have missed calling plays.

Posted by Jeff McLane @ 11:35 AM Permalink |13 comments

Comment

look at philly.com taking a shot at Andy: " Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January"

Comment

I could see them keeping Juan and letting him learn from Spags ,that way if Spags feels like being a HC again, there's someone in place if he walks.Can they just hire him or do they need to bring in all the minority interviews?
          Last edited by musicman; 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            look at philly.com taking a shot at Andy: " Reid, of course, was able to mastermind overhauling his coaching staff while he was away on a Caribbean vacation last January"

That explains the hiring of Castillo! - Too many Rum and Cokes!
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Can they just hire him or do they need to bring in all they minority interviews?

I think that rule only applies to HC positions.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
              X