Free Agency & Cap Casualties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency & Cap Casualties Thread

I figure alot of information is going to be bandied about so why don't we try to consolidate it all here. If it's deserving of a breakout thread of its own, we'll do it.

Vin Edit: Guys, how about this, as soon as someone of note is officially confirmed as being a FA or confirmed signing, when you post it, mark the item in RED font. That way, one of the mods or steve can add that information to the first post.
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM.

The interesting tidbit I see today is that the Colts are shopping (or potentially cutting) Dwight Freeney, Dallas Clark & Gary Brackett.

Freeney is a $19MM cap hit and making $14MM in the last year of his deal which is why he may leave. I'd love to see Freeney opposite Trent Cole but that is a lot of coin. You'd have to take on the $14MM OR try to extend him to spread out the $ some. I'd do the latter if possible (assuming Indy won't ask for the moon) because Freeney with Washburn's system might be unstoppable. He's fit for the system from what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      I figure alot of information is going to be bandied about so why don't we try to consolidate it all here. .
      Good idea, more continuity than 20 random threads with 2 responses each on every player of interest.

Freeney is a $19MM cap hit and making $14MM in the last year of his deal which is why he may leave. I'd love to see Freeney opposite Trent Cole but that is a lot of coin. You'd have to take on the $14MM OR try to extend him to spread out the $ some. I'd do the latter if possible (assuming Indy won't ask for the moon) because Freeney with Washburn's system might be unstoppable. He's fit for the system from what I can see.
      I think with Babin here there is zero chance they go after Freeney. The Eagles would have to give a high draft pick to get a 32 year old guy making $9 million a year more than Babin, who is probably a better pass rusher than Freeney at this point anyway. DT would be the DL position they need to address.

Comment

I wish we had the ability to make the first post a "wiki" so that anyone can update it with info. Maybe in the next redesign. This forum software is getting a little stale.

Good idea steve.

Comment

Big fan of a healthy Dallas Clark,but health seeems to be a constant issue.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

complete restructuring on the colts. I wouldn't trade for Clark but I'd sign him as a FA. great TE.

Comment

What makes this all interesting with the Colts is Grigson. You figure he knows our roster (much like Heckert in Cleveland) and so we'll no doubt be swapping some players and draft picks.

Comment

Just saw Pierre Garcon on Peter King's Top 50 FA. I'd take him in a heartbeat.Also a player who might be a bit Leonard Weaverish,Mike Tolbert.IMO an upgrade at FB and a good goal line/short yardage option.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Clark and Addai both released by the colts.

Brandon Jackass released by the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    complete restructuring on the colts. I wouldn't trade for Clark but I'd sign him as a FA. great TE.
                    I'm not sure he gives anyone much more than Clay Harbour at this point. Just my opinion. I'm guessing his prime years are way way over.

Comment

everyone out enjoying the weather today?

Comment

Atogwe and Mike Sellers from the Redskins.

Comment

Remember how we use to talk Atogwe as our savior in the secondary to replace Dawk? Ahhhhhh memories.

Comment

Since it's a newsworthy item (even though not free agency or cap casualty) - Eagles & Herremans agree to 3 year extension.

Comment

Good news & well deserved. Now it's just a matter of if he plays LG or RT.Guessing what happens with Mathis will decide.
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X