No announcement yet.

Howard on Donte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can interpret the first part of his comment in a couple of ways. WOuld like to have heard it live, but I expect it was aimed as a durogatory statement about the Aints FO. But there is no way to misinterpret "They got a great deal"
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The Horn comment that I thought may have been a bit negative was one that he alluded to nothing a good enough job instilling more professionalism in Stallworth.

Listening to Stallworth on the PE.com press conference he articulated that he had a conversation with Horn and that he made the same comment to him personally, that Horn is like a big brother so he (Stallworth) understood what was meant by the comment.

Comment

ED, I'd really like to understand what you're saying....but I don't.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

LOL..........he's saying Horn was a big brother to Stallworth and Stallworth respects Horn and ..........WHOOO........ Donte' is happy to be an Eagle!!
          Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
            The Horn comment that I thought may have been a bit negative was one that he alluded to nothing a good enough job instilling more professionalism in Stallworth.

Listening to Stallworth on the PE.com press conference he articulated that he had a conversation with Horn and that he made the same comment to him personally, that Horn is like a big brother so he (Stallworth) understood what was meant by the comment.
            This is what I got from it after reading a couple quotes from Joe Horn.
            Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              ED, I'd really like to understand what you're saying....but I don't.
              Fresh,

Sorry if my message written in a hurry created confusion.

My comments was in response to the original post about whether a comment made by Horn could be seen as negative.

I pointed out that another Horn comment that I read appeared to be more negative, but in listening to Stallworth's press conference he (Stallworth) indicated that Horn had made the comment to him directly, and that since he saw Horn as a big brother, understood the reason for Horn's comment.

Now is that clear as mud.

Comment

OK, so Donte understands what Horn meant by his comment....but do you??????

Comment

Fresh,

I wasn't trying to understand it. To me it was player speak in a situation were there is strong emotions regarding the departure of a team mate.

My focus on the comments was on whether it could be perceived as a negative and a slam on Stallworth. Since Stallworth did not see it that way and acknowledged a strong friendship between him and Horn, it is a moot point for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by kcas31
                    Originally posted by PhillyJack
                    Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                    Joe Horn's comments add to what Howard said:

"I guess he didn't show enough to merit him staying here," Horn told the Associated Press. "He has some talent and it wouldn't shock me at all to see Donte' catching 10 or 15 passes a game from Donovan McNabb, but it didn't happen here in New Orleans and that's the sad part. They got a hell of deal."

- The two best players on the SAINTS from 2005 chime in and say the guy is terrific - I'm freaking ecstatic.
                    I'm not sure that is exactly a compliment. "i guess he didn't show enough to merit him staying here". Sounds like an insult if you ask me. (backhanded compliment to me)

Perhaps Horn is jealous that Stallworth will have better stats than he will this upcoming season.
                    I tyhink Joe Horn is taking a shot at Sean Payton and the NO coaching staff. Sounds like Joe may be the next to go.
                    Maybe we should have traded for Joe Horn instead!

Comment

Of course, NO ONE will ever catch 10-15 balls in THIS offense. I'll just take it to mean that he could be REAL productive.
                      Hey Freshman- I do think this take major pressure off Reggie- And that will trickle down to our babies...
                      http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
                        Fresh,

I wasn't trying to understand it. To me it was player speak in a situation were there is strong emotions regarding the departure of a team mate.

My focus on the comments was on whether it could be perceived as a negative and a slam on Stallworth. Since Stallworth did not see it that way and acknowledged a strong friendship between him and Horn, it is a moot point for me now.
                        Gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                        X