Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your off-season plans for the Eagles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your off-season plans for the Eagles?

Taz did a great job laying out his thoughts for the Eagles off-seaon. Now I want to hear from the rest of you. As for me, I will start with the premise that any potential free agent is available and isn’t resigned by his current team. With that in mind I target three key free agents on defense and use the draft for offense first.

1. Do whatever it takes to sign Chris Jones (DT). The Chiefs aren’t going to let him go, but again I have to assume every player is Reggie White and they will be available. Back up the Brinks truck and our defense is instantly better.

2. Justin Simmons (S) is an upgrade to everyone we have and still has 4-5 years in his prime. That allows us time to focus on other areas while still significantly improving our back field.

3. Cory Littleton (LB) looked good to me in the games I saw. He is great in coverage and solid against the run.

In the draft I go for CB in the first and fourth and WR in the second and third. I will look at specific player when I have more time but generally I think I like free agency to fortify the defense and the draft for the offense.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Don't want too break the bank, allow some flexibility
    1) I would like to keep Jernigan and Howard. Convince them both to be fair in the demands and maybe stretch their careers a year or 2 with fewer snaps
    2)WR Perriman and Anderson 2 playmakers
    3)OLB Nick Vigil makes plays
    4) TE Hunter Henry why not have 3 good TEs and a guy to replace Ertz if he wants to break the bank in the future
    5)Ndamukong Suh, maybe the chance for a SB and playing with Cox, Jackson and Jernigan would excite him AND we would have possibly the best 2 defensive line groupings in football. Also good insurance if one guy goes down
    6) Isaiah Crowell would be a good #3-#4 RB. Guy always seems to play well as a fill in
    Draft
    RD 1
    DE Yetur Gross-Matos
    S Xavier McKinney Bama
    CB Trevon Diggs Bama

RD2
    CB Jeff Gladney TCU
    S JR Reed Georgia
    WR Devin Duvernay Texas

RD3
    LB Patrick Queen LSU
    OL Cesar Ruiz Mich
    WR KJ Hamler PSU
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't want to bring in any mid tier FAs. If we do bring somebody in I want instant impact! Maybe move up in the draft to get a stud. With all of the players that we have coming back from injury it's like getting a bunch of FAs anyway.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X