X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahead; but signing Stallworth would give me more confidence
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Well, if you look at PE.com, there is now a piece on Avant...."He saw quite a bit of action toward the end of the season on special teams, and then he had his chance against Atlanta and played well. This is a kid who was outstanding at the very highest level in college. He is ready to make a consistent impact at the NFL level." ....prepare yourself.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

his atheletic and plays with hsi feet are behind him.

but his best days are still ahead in my opinion. why?

well he finally has some talent around him. Westbrook is a stud. LJ (no matter how some dog on him) is a playmaker at TE. Reggie Brown is finally the young talented WR that Pinkston, Mitchell and other limited WR's have been.

people scoff at Baskett and Avant, but I personally think both have more talent than Thrash, Pinkston, Mitchell and others McNabb has played with.

The biggest key will be the running game. Westbrooks ascention is huge. Getting depth behind him will be big as well

Comment

It sounds like we're all on the same page in saying that his future success is a matter of who they put around him. I am amazed that his numbers have sky rocketed each of the last years so history clearly is saying he is on an upswing - be it from the mental part MD was talking about or comfort with better receivers. I will add that the days of him taking over the team and carrying them on his back are done. I would like to see him improve his accuracy and timing with the WRs and I think we'll have a top 5 QB for the next 3-5 years.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Avant and Baskett are going to be hyped to the hilt by PE.COM all offseason.

End of 2007 regular season

Baskett - 40 catches 501 yards 3 TD
            Avant - 34 catches 376 yards 1 TD

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              what does Brown's numbers end up? LJ's? Our new drafted second TE?

(BTW, those numbers for Baskett are 2 more catches and just 2 less TD's than Stallworth had last year)

Comment

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                That's pretty good production from your #4 and #5. Rookies at that. I still want Donte, but no need to knock two guys who came in as rookies and actually produced a little.

Comment

I maintain that McNabb's best years are still in front of him. By that, I mean, the TEAM'S performance, not McNabb's personal stats...

Comment

Behind because of injuries.

Reid is a pass happy coach who will always go back to the pass. That 50/50 run, pass ratio won't last for long once the season starts. Once that happens Donovan is a sitting duck.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      BP -
                      I'd like Stallworth around as much as the next guy. I think he was a good team player and is a great deep threat. That said, I wouldn't break the bank to keep him here. If they can restructure a contract or two to keep him here at Reggie Brown type money, I'd be cool with it.

I think Baskett season was really good and he has the potential to be a great #3 behind Reggie and DStall.
                      The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

A couple things need to happen. McNabb needs to drop back more quickly, take the read and get rid of the ball more like Garcia did. And Reid needs to keep the playcalling with Marty, or atleast keep this recent run/pass ratio going. I don't want to see McNabb getting abused next year. I KNOW that his last injury was a freak thing in the sideline, but I still would like to reduce the shots he takes.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by AToney

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          That's pretty good production from your #4 and #5. Rookies at that. I still want Donte, but no need to knock two guys who came in as rookies and actually produced a little.
                          Thank you...
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

One full season out of the last four. I'd say that is definitely cause for concern. I think he's missing out on his prime right now, because he can't stay healthy. As for the future, it's all about staying healthy. Some guys do, and some guys can't. Look at Favre, or Manning. Those guys rarely ever get hurt. I think McNabb can be great over the next 4 or 5 years easily, IF he can stay healthy. That, I'm not so sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                              A couple things need to happen. McNabb needs to drop back more quickly, take the read and get rid of the ball more like Garcia did. And Reid needs to keep the playcalling with Marty, or atleast keep this recent run/pass ratio going. I don't want to see McNabb getting abused next year. I KNOW that his last injury was a freak thing in the sideline, but I still would like to reduce the shots he takes.
                              I agree 100%. If this happens I could see Donnie having another good 5 years, at least.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X