Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Eckel Shreds Mcnabb, basically calls for Kolb

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/index.s ... xml&coll=5

Him and I actually agree on something. Eagles should have gotten rid of Mcnabb last year and the Eagles would have beaten Cincy if Kolb played.

Re: Mark Eckel Shreds Mcnabb, basically calls for Kolb

Eckel is a jackass, who is just looking for controversy.

You need to find someone else to support your view.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
      Eckel is a jackass, who is just looking for controversy.

You need to find someone else to support your view.
      http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/200 ... _over.html

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... 002/SPORTS

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2 ... Zone_.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8277 ... bbreid-era

Consider it done.

Comment

I'm paying more attention to the message than the messenger. And when I read that, I agreed with the message.

Exactly what did Eckel say that anyone disagrees with? The only part I question is this stuff about them shopping McNabb...did they? Didn't they? I don't know. Doesn't really matter at this point, however.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Well, I just read Eckel's article, and while I think McNabb's voting record is a silly thing to bring up, the rest of the points are legit ones to talk about. I'm curious as to who the usual "unnamed sources" were who said that the Eagles shopped McNabb, because that doesn't add up really......it seemed to me last year that a lot of people thought that McNabb had turned the corner in his recovery from the ACL, and he was worth keeping until the end of the 2008 season. McNabb basically had either the caretaker-type role like the one that the Eagles originally envisioned for Doug Pedersen (remember, he was originally signed to a 3-year deal), which would give them more time to groom Kolb, or if the Eagles had gone on a deep playoff run, they would've even kept McNabb on as the starter.

As for his point "Kolb would have beaten Cincy," well gee, Captain Obvious award there. That doesn't exactly set the bar high for Kolb though. Koy Detmer, Mike McMahon and AJ Feeley having an average day would've accomplished that.

The funny part is, I don't have a problem with the idea of the media bashing DMac -- if there's a story to write, they will do it, that's simply what the media does. For the Eagles' mouthpiece (Spadaro) to bash a player in a really big way who's not disrespecting the franchise, that really doesn't seem right, even if it's supposedly how our franchise does things.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I think it was Taz who's been talking about McNabb going to the Vikings.I tend to agree that this is McNabb's last year here & think it would be good for all parties concerned.If the Vike offer say,a 2nd & a 5th or 6th,at this point you say yes.
            McNabb in Minny with AP & Berrian would be a perfect fit IMO & with that D the Vikes would be damn good.
            Reid gets another year to "teach" Kolb & then gets the boot.
            I've always liked McNabb and think he's a standup guy but it's time to move on.Simple as that.I could care less about his voting record but he just isn't "the guy" to take the Birds to a SB.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

If McNabb is moved this offseason, I would still root for him as I also think he is a stand-up guy. IMO he would likely get his SB ring in a place like Minnesota, with the likes of Peterson and Chester Taylor as well as the defense as j-bird has intimated. He would struggle to do the same in Philly with the team in its current configuration.

Comment

McNabb has more talent and class in his pinky than Eckel has total....the guy is a snake in the grass, always has been

This probably is McNabb's last year here and hopefully he can land in a good situation with a chance to win. One guy does not lead a team to the SB, the Eagles failed to build a team capable of repeating 2001-2004 or even 2006 and it is a shame. McNabb has his faults like every QB, his performance vs Cincy was terrible, but overall he has not been the main problem of this team.
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                  If McNabb is moved this offseason, I would still root for him as I also think he is a stand-up guy. IMO he would likely get his SB ring in a place like Minnesota, with the likes of Peterson and Chester Taylor as well as the defense as j-bird has intimated. He would struggle to do the same in Philly with the team in its current configuration.
                  I think everyone is way overrating Mcnabb's chances of having success elsewhere. Might he make the playoffs? Sure. But Mcnabb won't make it through a whole season healthy, and he won't be able to beat the better defenses in the playoffs with his lost mobility and shaky accuracy. But hey, if Mcnabb succeeds in Minnesota or elsewhere, good for him. It's not going to happen here, and that should be the main point.

Comment

You never know...anything's possible. I'd like to see that too for McNabb, even if it happens years from now. Randall Cunningham, Jeff Garcia, and Brett Favre all looked like they were washed up late in their careers, but enjoyed a resurgence when they got back onto a team with good people and a good approach from the coaches. Heck, Randall should've won an NFC title on that Minnesota team. Even Kurt Warner's got the hot hand these days, and good for him -- who would've ever seen that coming?
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Saying Kolb would have beat the Bengals is just a stupid, stupid argument. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, no way to tell. But I do know that the McNabb that played against the Giants just a week earlier would have beat the Bengals.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                        McNabb has more talent and class in his pinky than Eckel has total....the guy is a snake in the grass, always has been

This probably is McNabb's last year here and hopefully he can land in a good situation with a chance to win. One guy does not lead a team to the SB, the Eagles failed to build a team capable of repeating 2001-2004 or even 2006 and it is a shame. McNabb has his faults like every QB, his performance vs Cincy was terrible, but overall he has not been the main problem of this team.
                        If you listened to SPads on Eagles Live, he certainly made it sound like one guy (our QB) was the one individual that neded to be able to lead a team to victory. Man, I wish everyone would get an opportunity to watch taht show. It was a supreme slam job. Spads was SCREAMING at callers and laying the overwhelming majority of our shortcomings right at McNabb's feet.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Eckel is garbage, but agree with Fresh here ... it's the message. You know, up through the middle of last year, I never really questioned McNabb or Reid ... but have since begun to see time and time again, this team come up small.

We only have the macroscopic view of what's going on here - we can look at wins/losses, statistics, and what the camera shows us on plays. What I'd like to know beyond just that fact that we threw 58 times ... with what plays were called, what did we leave on the field? Were the corners just all over our WRs on every play or did McNabb miss opportunities?

Comment

fly, if you believe a great many sources, Domo, Spads, Quick, etc, there were many open targets out there, Donny just missed them, or...missed them. But I've heard it again and again that Donny is not finding the open targets, that receivers are getting seperation, particularly Desean, and McNabb is lockig onto one target and never sees them. I definitely saw that a few times myself on Sunday. He is staring down targets, and I think that is a big part of why we were having so many batted passes and picks.

Comment

Fresh, if that truly is the case, then I don't see how we can continue with McNabb. As I said, he's a good QB, but I think his athletic ability has declined enough where I don't think he can win for us in the big game. Don't get me wrong, he's still more athletic than 80% of the QBs out there, but I think he needs it more than some.

I cannot remember the last "big win" this team has had. I think we have to go all the way back to 2006 to find a really great win (in fact, 5 of those last 6 wins from the garcia led team were impressive - come from behind win against carolina, and 3 straight on the road in the NFC East, and then a playoff win over NYG). I'll give you the Pitts and Atl wins this year as good wins, but the next 3 are huge for any playoff hopes this team has this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X