Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cox

He had a real nice start in his goal to be named Defensive Player of the Year last night despite being rotated out all night long. Schwartz really stayed to his gameplan in that regard.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

When he was in, he was disruptive. Also had a sack nullified due to the off-sides by an inch by Barnett.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
      When he was in, he was disruptive. Also had a sack nullified due to the off-sides by an inch by Barnett.

Lining up offsides is a habit of his that needs to be corrected!!!

Comment

Cox played 65 out of 70 snaps, and was still dominant at the end. They are not rotating him out much. Vaeao had 27 snaps and Ngata 17. For DEs, Graham 46, Bennett 45, Barnett 40, Long 39. So they are really rotating those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          Cox played 65 out of 70 snaps, and was still dominant at the end. They are not rotating him out much. Vaeao had 27 snaps and Ngata 17. For DEs, Graham 46, Bennett 45, Barnett 40, Long 39. So they are really rotating those guys.

Wow, that's a much heavier load that he had last year. That motor ran the whole game though! I remember him saying how much better that he felt going into the playoffs because of the reduced role that he had. Losing Jernigan is going to turn out to be a huge loss.

Comment

10 days off.....

Comment

It did appear that he played nearly the entire game. But you have to remember Jernigan is out. Cox and Jones were the best players on the field last night and it wasn’t even close. Aaron Donald is NOT the best DT in the league. It’s Cox. And he got better as the game progressed.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                the DE rotation were all disruptive. I can't wait for Sweat to get some reps next to the studs. Long/Cox, and Cox/Sweat
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Cox is a flat out stud. He deserved that contract from the day they signed it.
                  Long absolutely makes the most of his snaps. He was disruptive in the backfield and forced a fumble although recovered by Atl C.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

So far it seems like Flecth is on his way

Fletcher Cox earns Pro Football Focus' top grade for in Week 1

By: Glenn Erby | September 10, 2018 4:57 pm ET

Fletcher Cox is hell-bent on winning the NFL’s Defensive MVP award, and he took a big step in the Eagles’ season opener, displaying his dominance in front of a national audience.

For his performance in the 18-12 win over the Falcons, Cox was named the top-graded Eagles player for Week 1 by Pro Football Focus.

Pro Football Focus

@PFF
                    Fletcher Cox was as dominant as ever last night.

8:47 PM - Sep 7, 2018
                    73 people are talking about this
                    Twitter Ads info and privacy
                    Cox graded out at 92.0, and this was the PFF evaluation of him for the evening:

“Continuing right where he left off in 2017, Cox was dominant in the season opener against the Atlanta Falcons. From 48 snaps as a pass-rusher, he picked up seven total pressures, including a sack and three quarterback hits.”

Cox would’ve had a second sack, but it was nullified by an offside penalty on Derek Barnett.

Comment

Barnett cost Cox and Long sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        He had a real nice start in his goal to be named Defensive Player of the Year last night despite being rotated out all night long. Schwartz really stayed to his gameplan in that regard.
                        Prior to the season I put $50 on Cox to win DPOTY at +3500 odds. There are a lot of tough players for him to compete with on this award. But, he certainly has a good shot IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                          Barnett cost Cox and Long sacks.
                          I'm not quite sure what you mean there Steve??? If you mean that he wasn't much of a factor I certainly agree. I thought that Vinny gave us a lot more to tell you the truth but I could be wrong there.

Comment

I think Barnett's penalties cost them each a sack is where he is going. Cox played a lot this game but I don't think he will see that every game. Atl is tough and the game was close. I can see Schwartz giving him some plays off when they have a nice lead or playing a less than stellar team. Let's face it when you play the best teams you play your best guys.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Wow, think that is a big assumption, just IMM.

Comment

Working...
                              X