Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you demand from SF for Foles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they stick with Bethard and bring in a FA to back up. If we got SF’s second round pick, I’d do the trade. I just don’t believe Foles commands high value. I’m thinking SF ends up drafting top 10. Maybe Howie could package a deal for a WR with a team that’s out of contention. As someone else said, I’m sitting on my recliner playing fantasy GM.

Comment

First - after last year, I would think they are going to hold onto Nick.

Second - remember we are going to be swimming in picks next year. We have an extra 2nd rounder from the Ravens because of moving back to take Goeddert. We will also most likely get 3 compensatory picks which gives us 11 picks next year.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
        First - after last year, I would think they are going to hold onto Nick.

Second - remember we are going to be swimming in picks next year. We have an extra 2nd rounder from the Ravens because of moving back to take Goeddert. We will also most likely get 3 compensatory picks which gives us 11 picks next year.
        And don't forget that we're going to need some cheap labor at some point too. You can't kick the can down the road forever can you? Maybe you can if you have the right software.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Howie has the right software.

They are projected to be $20MM over the cap for '19 now but remember that Foles cap hit stands at over $20MM for next season.

We'll save $7MM by cutting Jernigan. $8MM if we let Peters go/retires. $7MM if Bennett is gone. So there is a lot to work with plus I'm sure Howie has some restructuring plans.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            Howie has the right software.

They are projected to be $20MM over the cap for '19 now but remember that Foles cap hit stands at over $20MM for next season.

We'll save $7MM by cutting Jernigan. $8MM if we let Peters go/retires. $7MM if Bennett is gone. So there is a lot to work with plus I'm sure Howie has some restructuring plans.
            They've been cutting Peters for the last 5 years or more lol. I'll bet that he's back again next season and at the same salary.

Comment

I don't know 60. I think Peters is coming to the end of his career. Especially since he has a ring even though I bet he would like to be on the field for one
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                I don't know 60. I think Peters is coming to the end of his career. Especially since he has a ring even though I bet he would like to be on the field for one
                Coming being the key word here. If he can control his weight I think that he'll play until he's 38 or 39. Those O lineman seem to have longer careers than other positions. I'll bet you a beer on it.

Comment

I don’t know why the Niners would be so desperate to make a move- there’s zero chance they contend for the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                  X