Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so Dallas week begins

Jason Kelce calls out the Cowboys and their bandwagon fans
    The Eagle says he respects some of the Cowboys’ players, but not the organization as a whole.

By Alexis Chassen@Lovelybuckeye Nov 7, 2018, 1:10pm EST

Philadelphia Eagles starting center Jason Kelce has had some fantastic quotable moments over the years, and his speech at the Super Bowl parade cemented his place in franchise folklore. He continued to be the voice of the people on Wednesday, when he went on the 94WIP Morning Show and talked about his feelings toward the Eagles’ NFC East rival and Sunday night opponent, the Dallas Cowboys — and their fans.

“I would say mostly I just don’t think a lot of players, in particular me, just don’t really like the franchise, the organization, what is stands for—what it’s always stood for. This goes back to the lockout when they were getting replacement players, how outspoken the Dallas Cowboys franchise was in ending that.”

Kelce didn’t waste time picking on the Cowboys for their Monday night collapse at home against the Titans. He didn’t talk about the players legal woes or questionable coaching. The Eagles center went deeper, and based his dislike for the Dallas franchise on the deeper philosophies of the organization.

And it wasn’t just the franchise as a while he took issue with, either, calling their fans fair weather people who aren’t invested in the team.

“I’ve just never really appreciated what the organization—and what its fans really stood for. A lot of fair weather people from across the country that just kind of fell in love because they’re winners instead of having any type of emotional connection to the team whatsoever.”

Kelce’s criticisms did fall short of calling out any particular player, and even talked about having respect for some of the team’s veterans.

”There’s a ton of players they got that I got a lot of respect for, Sean Lee, Travis Frederick—unfortunately is going through some serious health concerns, but he’s a tremendous player. I’ve got some respect for some of their guys, it’s most of the organization that you don’t like.”

To be fair, there are a lot of reasons on and off the field to dislike the Cowboys. This is one of the Eagles biggest rivals and with five division games left to play this season, Sunday night’s results will have big implication on the NFC East standings.

I think Dallas has a lot more to worry about than using Kelce’s quotes as bulletin board material, but you never know what Jerry Jones is going to prioritize over winning — which is seemingly, everything.

MORE FROM BLEEDING GREEN NATION
    Eagles waive DeAndre Carter, bring back defensive tackle
    Jerry Jones has some good news for the Eagles
    Dak Prescott holds on to the ball longer than any QB the Eagles have faced this season
    Birdbrained Mailbag: Where did the Eagles’ explosive plays go?
    NFL Mock Draft 2019
    Eagles offensive line coach not ruling out Lane Johnson for Cowboys game
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

As with Jenkins I just don't know why you give the other guys bulletin board material; unless you are giving this to YOUR guys to shake them up
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      As with Jenkins I just don't know why you give the other guys bulletin board material; unless you are giving this to YOUR guys to shake them up
      I see your point ND but they already hate us so I don't think that it matters much what anybody says.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Or you don’t give a shit what the opponent thinks.

Kelce is the quintessential player who has come to embody the city he represents. He’s not calling out the Cowboys the team per se, as much as he’s calling out the band wagon loyalty by fans to a franchise that hasn’t done anything meaningful since 1996 and an ownership who championed crossing of the picket line and basically 🖕to the NFLPA.

Comment

I agree. They hate us and we hate them. Let’s just acknowledge it.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Division games are extra tough for all teams in the NFL but this one is special. I'd say Pitt and Baltimore is the same way as genuine hate for each other.
            Last edited by Eagle60; 11-08-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                I agree. They hate us and we hate them. Let’s just acknowledge it.

Fucking A Well said!

“No one likes! us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care.
                We’re from Philly, fucking Philly, no one likes us, we don’t care.”

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  Or you don’t give a shit what the opponent thinks.

Kelce is the quintessential player who has come to embody the city he represents. He’s not calling out the Cowboys the team per se, as much as he’s calling out the band wagon loyalty by fans to a franchise that hasn’t done anything meaningful since 1996 and an ownership who championed crossing of the picket line and basically 🖕to the NFLPA.
                  Totally agree. Kelce called out those that have nothing to do with the play on the field. I doubt any players will really be offended. I like it.

I am trying to think of the Ex Cowboy who recently said he would have liked to play in front of passionate fans like Philly. I think it might have been Aikman but not sure.

Comment

Other than the eagles, the NFC East is filled with fickle fan bases. Giant fans are probably the second best in terms of passion but you won't see it at the stadium as the corporate seat holders have created a crypt like atmosphere there. Skin fans are just lame and Cowboy fans are well, it has been said.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                      Other than the eagles, the NFC East is filled with fickle fan bases. Giant fans are probably the second best in terms of passion but you won't see it at the stadium as the corporate seat holders have created a crypt like atmosphere there. Skin fans are just lame and Cowboy fans are well, it has been said.
                      You're right on target with the Giant fans Vet. I've got a friend who had season tickets and he says it's an older crowd that sits on their hands for the most part and that was in the old stadium. In the new one they just priced everybody out of the place unless you're rich. The family had 4 tickets on the 40 yard line for about 40 years and when they went to the new stadium the PSLs on them went to $50,000 a seat and $500 apiece on game day!! Who the hell has that kind of money so they gave them up.

As for the Cowboys and Skins the visiting team buys up about a third of their tickets.

Comment

I will say it to my dying breath, I hate the Giants so much more than the Cowboys but as far as fan bases are concerned I really don't have a problem with Giant fans. They are arrogant as hell but the ones I know are lifelong diehards they hate the losing and will bad mouth coaches owners and players like Eagles fans. Also I can have an intelligent convo about football with them. Cowboy fans are just the stupidest people on the planet with no knowledge of the team past Emmitt Smith, or Aikman or Staubach. Fuc them lazy ass fake texas punk motherfukers! Redskins fans are just pitiful and the biggest bunch of capitalists in the world. They will sell their seats for any game any season any time! Even a playoff game! Greedy bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                          I will say it to my dying breath, I hate the Giants so much more than the Cowboys but as far as fan bases are concerned I really don't have a problem with Giant fans. They are arrogant as hell but the ones I know are lifelong diehards they hate the losing and will bad mouth coaches owners and players like Eagles fans. Also I can have an intelligent convo about football with them. Cowboy fans are just the stupidest people on the planet with no knowledge of the team past Emmitt Smith, or Aikman or Staubach. Fuc them lazy ass fake texas punk motherfukers! Redskins fans are just pitiful and the biggest bunch of capitalists in the world. They will sell their seats for any game any season any time! Even a playoff game! Greedy bastards!
                          This ^^^^^^^

The only change I would make is that the Redskin ‘fans’ are the worse P.O.S scumbags on the planet. They beat their chests after any win and disappear all other times. They are so stupid they don’t realize soccer is called ‘football’ in Europe and they turn on the world cup expecting to see NFL Europe games. The fact that the NFL left Europe more than a decade ago is lost on them.

They are the reason Snyder can command such outrageous prices and produce a team that can consistantly make dog shit look good. Skins fans suck at a level nearing the Cowboy organization’s level. Fuck them both! And throw in the piss-poor Giants for good measure. FUCK THEM ALL!!!
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

NFC East rival fan groups:

Gnats fans...arrogant; vulgar; most know their football; faithful fans but realistic about their team's shortcomings; can be savage critics when the Gnats are shitty; most similar to Bird's fans; if you diss them, Gnat fans will fight when drinking.

Skins fans...also arrogant but in a childishly delusional sense; start each season fully expecting to win a Super Bowl after finishing 4-12 the previous year; condescending without any justification; even objective criticism of their team's short comings is sacrilege; some know their football, most don't; even the younger ones have large posters of Riggins and 'Coach' Gibbs in their bedrooms soaked with a viscous substance; if you diss them, Skins fans will pay someone to fight in their place when drinking.

Turd fans...by far the least knowledgeable most inclined to bandwagon jumping; most are much too stupid to qualify as arrogant; Cowboy's jerseys or jackets are easily the most popular NFL garb among Walmart regulars; most prefer sex with small farm animals to sex with their wives, many of whom are large farm animals; if you diss them, Turd fans will go home and beat up their wives when sober.

Comment

I certainly agree tino about the NFC East fans but let's also give the true champions of idiocy to the morons from Pittsburg. You can usually spot the brains of the outfit pretty quick because he's the only one with some teeth. Their favorite chant is "challenge" on every 3rd play even when the play was in their favor. Their consistency of mediocrity is truly remarkable. Almost all of them have a portrait of Alfred E Neuman mounted in their living room wall along with a little Dino dinosaur on their bedroom bureau. If you disagree with one of them they immediately will touch you and give you Esther's cooties.

Comment

Working...
                              X