Running back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running back

I don't remember being in this bad of shape since the actor Darnell Autry was starting.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Autry, now that’s a blast from the past.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I don't remember being in this bad of shape since the actor Darnell Autry was starting.
      as bad as you are with names, how did you remember that one ?
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
        Autry, now that’s a blast from the past.

Gene's grandson, right?

Comment

We're so thin at RB I wouldnt be surprised to see Duce Staley out on the field against the Saints

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            as bad as you are with names, how did you remember that one ?
            LOL!! I didn't but I remembered that some guy who sucked and said that as long as he got drafted he'd give it a shot. As it turns out the guy can't act either.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              He was almost as bad as Jimmy Joseph or Heath (run into the line 35 times for less than 100 yards) Sherman
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Michael Haddix

Comment

Weren't supposed to be missing Sproles and Ajagyi --- I still mostly this falls on the O-line and in juries.

Comment

Ajayi was an injury concern when we traded for him. Sproles is 95 years old

at some point we need to draft a friggin HB and a Safety. We haven't drafted a good one at either position in a long time (back to Lesean)

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      Ajayi was an injury concern when we traded for him. Sproles is 95 years old

at some point we need to draft a friggin HB and a Safety. We haven't drafted a good one at either position in a long time (back to Lesean)

The injuries this year have been off the charts. I know that every team has injuries but I'm sure we lead the league in missed games and players on IR. We haven't been close remotely close to full strength all year and yet we've been in every game (until this Sunday that is).

Time to let go of some of the vets:
                      Sproles and Peters should probably retire.
                      Ajayi will be a FA and it sounds like his knees were shot before this injury.

We definitely need a play maker at RB. All the best teams have a RB that is a receiving threat (Kamara, Hunt, Gurley, James White, Bell/Connor). That was supposed to be Sproles or Clement for us but it just didn't work out.

As far as the o-line goes, we have drafted plenty of o-linemen the past few years. I think Seumalo, Vaitai, Pryor, Mailata. I think all of these guys could turn out to be pretty good.
                      If we get to 8 losses before the end of the season, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what the rugby player and Pryor can do.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                        The injuries this year have been off the charts. I know that every team has injuries but I'm sure we lead the league in missed games and players on IR. We haven't been close remotely close to full strength all year and yet we've been in every game (until this Sunday that is).

Time to let go of some of the vets:
                        Sproles and Peters should probably retire.
                        Ajayi will be a FA and it sounds like his knees were shot before this injury.

We definitely need a play maker at RB. All the best teams have a RB that is a receiving threat (Kamara, Hunt, Gurley, James White, Bell/Connor). That was supposed to be Sproles or Clement for us but it just didn't work out.

As far as the o-line goes, we have drafted plenty of o-linemen the past few years. I think Seumalo, Vaitai, Pryor, Mailata. I think all of these guys could turn out to be pretty good.
                        If we get to 8 losses before the end of the season, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what the rugby player and Pryor can do.

Not so sure of that, if these were really THAT good they might have PLAYED their way into play time rather then be there by injury. And also when we hit 8 losses, frankly I don't want Wentz out there getting killed while we "see what these guys can do". Prioritize your team and Wentz is way up at #1, you protect him at ALL times.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Not so sure of that, if these were really THAT good they might have PLAYED their way into play time rather then be there by injury. And also when we hit 8 losses, frankly I don't want Wentz out there getting killed while we "see what these guys can do". Prioritize your team and Wentz is way up at #1, you protect him at ALL times.
                          I agree that Wentz must be protected at all times but Peters is coming off an ACL tear and has been playing with a torn bicep. He's been giving up a lot of pressure as it is. Johnson, if he comes back, will be playing with a high ankle sprain and a 2nd degree MCL sprain. He was struggling with his ankle before the MCL sprain.
                          Obviously you don't put the new guys in if the coaches don't trust them but both were playing pretty well in the pre-season.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Johnson should be ok, and he and Peters at 85%--- are better than what I have seen from the replacements. Just my observations.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Absolutely.

Mailata is a major project. They may have something there, but he's at least another full offseason and camps away from the field.

I do feel like JP should retire after this season. He may still be an OK player, but the dude should probably consider his own health and walk away. At that point, maybe Big V can step in, or they can move Lane, but I do feel like they should have a plan moving foreward, because you have to protect the franchise. I would have no problem with investing serious draft capital in an offensive lineman.

Comment

Working...
                              X