Josh McDaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh McDaniels

He really f---ed us by bailing on the Colts head coaching job.

We could afford to lose Reich or Flip but not both. If Reich had gotten the Colts job from the start then we would have promoted Flip to OC.

I know that Doug still calls the plays but I think both Reich and Flip were heavily involved in the putting the game plan together.
    All that being said, if we had a running game at all we probably would be fine. Injuries have really derailed our run game.

I still hate that f__er McDaniels.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Well from my view it's more than losing a couple of coaches(that's part of it, but it also happens to every winning team), it's the injuries, the players hangover, the quality of the depth and the organization just feeling a bit full of themselves. But the fact is the Players are still the ones on the field and we have had chances to win several games and the Players have just F...d up.

Comment

Yea the coaching isn't what it was. I notice that the early game, when the plays have been somewhat scripted, isn't special at all. But I have to agree there is a great compilation of things coming together to screw the season. MD hit on them. While the players talk the talk about no hangover or it being a new year I just don't see it in their actions
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

How the hell do the Patriots do it year after year?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hey rspurr how was the volleyball/football trip
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Hey rspurr how was the volleyball/football trip
            Volleyball - win
            Riders - lose
            Eagles - lose

So not all was lost.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              How the hell do the Patriots do it year after year?
              it is pretty amazing

I'd love to say its the division they are in, but it's not like ours is anything great

they draft better than we do and play better systems. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Schwartz clearly lived off the deep d-line last year and has no clue without that depth this year. Adjustment doesn't seem to be his thing

I think the O has more to do with lack of HBs than anything

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                it is pretty amazing

I'd love to say its the division they are in, but it's not like ours is anything great

they draft better than we do and play better systems. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Schwartz clearly lived off the deep d-line last year and has no clue without that depth this year. Adjustment doesn't seem to be his thing

I think the O has more to do with lack of HBs than anything
                I think Pats also take personal feelings out of the equation. They cut bait immediately. Think Sproles or Peters would have been back with Pats? Probably not. I think one of the other things that plays in their favor is the AFC in general. It is has not been a very strong conference top to bottom like the NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  I think Pats also take personal feelings out of the equation. They cut bait immediately. Think Sproles or Peters would have been back with Pats? Probably not. I think one of the other things that plays in their favor is the AFC in general. It is has not been a very strong conference top to bottom like the NFC.
                  You are right on all 3 counts Rob. I read Mike Holley's Patriot Reign (blasphemy, I know. One of my Pats friends gave it to me) and one of his points of emphasis was that they are ruthless when it comes to personnelle. You're right too that they played in a horeshit division for 20 years and the AFC really hasn't been very strong for a long time other than them.

Comment

Deflippo wanted to call plays so I think he would have left anyway, the problem was the timing. By the time Reich left there were really not many options as far as o coordinators available.

I honestly think the execution and lack of a true RB are bigger issues. Sure there are plays we can point to say WTF, but there were ones last year two.

I thought the pass to Ertz flip to Tate was pretty innovative on Sunday, I do think there are wrinkles happening but they take execution
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Deflippo wanted to call plays so I think he would have left anyway, the problem was the timing. By the time Reich left there were really not many options as far as o coordinators available.

I honestly think the execution and lack of a true RB are bigger issues. Sure there are plays we can point to say WTF, but there were ones last year two.

I thought the pass to Ertz flip to Tate was pretty innovative on Sunday, I do think there are wrinkles happening but they take execution
                      LOL on the gimmick play. That really was a great call but a little tough to run close to the goal line. The funny thing is that those are really the easiest plays to draw up. Hell, you or I could do one just as good. It's having the balls to call one that's the tough part.

Comment

Working...
                      X