Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 09-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
taz
Pro Bowler

taz has disabled reputation
Default observations from Eagles-Colts

A win is a win is a win. Once again another Eagles game another game where there are 25 plus penalties called in the game. If the NFL doesn't realize that its really hurting their product then they are just bling.

1. Carson Wentz - Good game, don't let anyone else tell you any different. Yes the INT was bad, but other than that he showed he was elusive, still has the arm strength and can really still run the offense despite being down so many weapons. Could he have been better sure but I look at first game back he certainly showed well.

2. Jake Elliot - NO more misses dude.

3. Oline - Worst game I have seen them have in some time. They consistently were giving up pressure, 5 sacks is too many, worst game i have seen Lane Johnson have in some time.

4. Schwartz - Right now he is making zero adjustments. He just keeps playing cover 2 and 3 and hoping his line to gets the QB. The corners continue to play 10 yards off the receivers. I can't blame the corners when its the defensive scheme.

5. Jalen Mills - two more bad penalties on him. Now the last one was questionable but that is going to be called on the defense every time when its called.

6. Dallas Goedert - Everytime he catches the ball I have to check to see if its 86 or 88. He and Ertz are like carbon copies. Ertz is a little faster but I can't wait to see what Goedert looks like with a little more playing time.

7. 4th Quarter - That was one helluva drive by the Eagles in the 4th quarter. 11 1/2 minutes really impressive. Wentz was 8 for 8 on that drive. the RB's ran hard.

8. Special Teams - they are not very special Can we get a returner who actually knows how to return. Flat footed catches, slow speed up. I get Sproles is hurt but their is no reason why Shelton Gibson shouldn't be our returner. He was a dynamic returner in college.

Overall it was a sloppy rain filled game that we won.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I'd review the game tape before jumping on Schwartz taz. They only gave up 200 yards today. It's the penalties that kill them.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
dawkins20
Pro Bowler

dawkins20 has disabled reputation

We got lucky on that Agholor 1st down. He stepped out of bounds. Reich blew not having that reviewed

I do think Scwartz needs to mix in blitzes once in a while. It can’t always be 4 lineman rushing and off coverage. Lucky for us we played two games on grass vs done teams that couldn’t exploit it
dawkins20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

I thought that it was pretty cool to have Ertz play slot most of the time today and move Aggie outside. WTF do they see in Perkins??? The guy has no speed, can't get open and has dropped 3 passes.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #5
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

I believe it was Mills who fought through a lineman on a screen pass and bottled up the play. He had some good moments.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
I believe it was Mills who fought through a lineman on a screen pass and bottled up the play. He had some good moments.

Like I said in another thread MM he's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Makes a lot of really good plays and then hurts you bad on others. I can forgive getting beat on double moves. That can happen to anybody. It's the grabby crap he's always doing that pisses me off.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #7
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

The one PI where the receiver stopped and came back is understandable . I really only fault him for one. As a defense we had 9 PD today and only gave up like 230 yards. Luck only had 160ish yards passing and 70 of that was on the last drive. The defense played fairly well. Take away the penalties and 3 big plays and we gave up like 140 yards
Old 09-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #8
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Old record..... Take away the big plays and..........
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Take away the penalties and 3 big plays and we gave up like 140 yards
Reminds me a little of a footnote from history..."Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #10
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
Reminds me a little of a footnote from history..."Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

A little sick but funny!