Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo looking to deal from strength in secondary

From PFW:

On a team full of weaknesses, the Bills have one clear strength at the defensive back position. Their secondary is made up of a deep, talented group of players who proved themselves on the field last season, finishing No. 2 against the pass. With such a quality collection of talent at one spot, it opens up the possibility of Buffalo making a trade or two to add draft picks and, in turn, upgrade other positions. One name that has come up in trade talks is S Donte Whitner, a locker-room leader but also a guy who lost his starting job last season after the emergence of Jairus Byrd and George Wilson. Although head coach Chan Gailey has denied that the Bills are exploring trade possibilities with the 24-year-old, we hear that the team could make him available for the right price. CB Ashton Youboty is another player who we hear could be on the block. Given his injury history and lack of production, though, Buffalo could have trouble finding takers.
    Would love to deal them Vick for Whitner - might make sense for both teams too, even if the Bills select a QB.

And if they are looking for picks the birds have the ability to offer something. Certainly a young guy with ability but I hesitate when I think of Michael Lewis. He was a young guy with ability who lost his job. There is usually something in their game that causes them to lose their job.
    Not saying I wouldn't be curious to explore it, but I would go into it with an eye toward why he was available
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
      And if they are looking for picks the birds have the ability to offer something. Certainly a young guy with ability but I hesitate when I think of Michael Lewis. He was a young guy with ability who lost his job. There is usually something in their game that causes them to lose their job.
      Not saying I wouldn't be curious to explore it, but I would go into it with an eye toward why he was available
      With Jauron as our DB coach this year, I think he would have all of the inside info on these guys to determine if they are worth going after.

Comment

Originally posted by Browser View Post
        With Jauron as our DB coach this year, I think he would have all of the inside info on these guys to determine if they are worth going after.
        That's an excellent point, and IMO makes it more likely that we'll deal with Buff. Whitner is probably worth a 4th still being only 24.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I really expect us to come out of this draft with at least one possibly two young vets bia the trade a pick for a player, Actually I guess that is not much of a prediction, Reid has done it the last two years (Booker, Hobbs)
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well, Ernie Sims is one. Still don't mind Whitner if we can get him for a laste 4th.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              I really expect us to come out of this draft with at least one possibly two young vets bia the trade a pick for a player, Actually I guess that is not much of a prediction, Reid has done it the last two years (Booker, Hobbs)
              taz - you are quite the prognosticator. Good call!

Comment

Working...
              X