Sunday's Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Andy must have been spitting when the three review calls went against KC and then when that phantom roughing the passer call was missed.
    To me, that was the single biggest play that went on to directly affect the outcome. 3rd and 9 and the pass is incomplete--- they punt ----- but that "phantom" blow to the head allows them to march down and score!!! Brutal!! I hate it when Ref's affect such games!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
      Imagine if we didn’t beat them and all the talk of 3peat. For that I give many thanks. Because I don’t see the Rams beating the bastards.
      ^^ This!
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

How about the going with the call on the field that was supposed to be implemented? Actually it was for the most part this season, but you can't tell me that you definitely could tell Edelman didn't touch that punt and reverse it and then not overturn the BS call that he caught the ball that hit the ground. They are probably the best team in football but they also consistently get help from the zebras.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          How about the going with the call on the field that was supposed to be implemented? Actually it was for the most part this season, but you can't tell me that you definitely could tell Edelman didn't touch that punt and reverse it and then not overturn the BS call that he caught the ball that hit the ground. They are probably the best team in football but they also consistently get help from the zebras.
          I totally agree with this. I don't think Edelman touched the ball, but there is now way you could be sure with out doubt!
          Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I thought that the pass Edelman caught on 3rd down on the 15 was definitely incomplete but Gene Steratore thought that the call was right. I guess that I just don't know what a catch is. He's the guy who gave us the breaks in the SB so I guess that I can't complain too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Hate to see games decided sooooooooo much by officials and terrible calls and non calls.
              The NFL has a problem. It simply cannot be good that you have two conference championship games that go into overtime, and the biggest takeaway by the entire fanbase is that the officiating stinks. All of the drama, great players, huge plays, etc, and the officiating is dominating the conversation. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                The NFL has a problem. It simply cannot be good that you have two conference championship games that go into overtime, and the biggest takeaway by the entire fanbase is that the officiating stinks. All of the drama, great players, huge plays, etc, and the officiating is dominating the conversation. Not good.
                I would have thought that too but these greedy bastards believe any publicity is good publicity!

They probably think bad officiating will actually have more people watching. Kinda like the bad car wreck effect!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                  I would have thought that too but these greedy bastards believe any publicity is good publicity!

They probably think bad officiating will actually have more people watching. Kinda like the bad car wreck effect!
                  You’re onto them Rob!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post

Yes--- in the short run--- but in the long run most true football fans will start to wane--- and the fans that do stay will be very fickle is they aren't fans of the game but fans of the car wreck, and that will lose luster after awhile.

Comment

Never mind the officials. IMO the game was lost when Mr. Universe decided that he knew more about football than anybody that has ever played and decided to change the play at the LOS to a pass and gagged his friekin brains out throwing and 8 YARD wormburner with 1:50 to go on first down. Nobody else in the world (except Andy Reid) would have made that decision. Stop bitching at the wrong guy Saints fans. Your Mr. Wonderful blew the game for you.

Comment

Never mind the officials. IMO the game was lost when Mr. Universe decided that he knew more about football than anybody that has ever played and decided to change the play at the LOS to a pass and gagged his friekin brains out throwing and 8 YARD wormburner with 1:50 to go on first down. Nobody else in the world (except Andy Reid) would have made that decision. Stop bitching at the wrong guy Saints fans. Your Mr. Wonderful blew the game for you.
                        Exactly. I know if we had ran those plays in that situation I’d be pissed at our coaching. First down play set it up that the Saints HAD to make a first down. They saved the Rams a timeout. Stupid coaching in my mind.

Comment

Exactly. I know if we had ran those plays in that situation I’d be pissed at our coaching. First down play set it up that the Saints HAD to make a first down. They saved the Rams a timeout. Stupid coaching in my mind.
                          Here's what happened Ross, it wasn't Peyton. Against 9 man fronts Brees' usual call is to get out of the play and change to a slant. Brees made that change on his own which was absolutely stupid in that situation. Everybody is blaming Peyton when it was actually Brees who made the decision. Ol' Mr. Wonderful really screwed up making the change and gagging up top of it LOL!! Of course he's not taking the blame and putting it on the official's when they shouldn't have been in a position to throw on 3rd down to begin with. He's such a standup guy isn't he?

Comment

Here's what happened Ross, it wasn't Peyton. Against 9 man fronts Brees' usual call is to get out of the play and change to a slant. Brees made that change on his own which was absolutely stupid in that situation. Everybody is blaming Peyton when it was actually Brees who made the decision. Ol' Mr. Wonderful really screwed up making the change and gagging up top of it LOL!! Of course he's not taking the blame and putting it on the official's when they shouldn't have been in a position to throw on 3rd down to begin with. He's such a standup guy isn't he?
                            If Brees changed the play then shame on him. The point was to shorten the game and then score. I’m amazed he didn’t get it. Or Payton didn’t tell him no audibles. Whatever, whomever, it’s the Saints who blew it.

Comment

If Brees changed the play then shame on him.
                              The point was to shorten the game and then score. I’m amazed he didn’t get it. Or Payton didn’t tell him no audibles. Whatever, whomever, it’s the Saints who blew it.
                              Oh he changed it alright Ross. I saw an explayer breaking it down on film showing when he called it. There also was a mic on him saying "the hell with 3 let's get the 7" so I'd say that he made the decision and gagged on it. That phony bastard hasn't said a word about it and as much as I can't stand Peyton he's taken whatever critysim about the call that has been made instead of ratting out Brees. Of course the two of them have just thrown it at the officials. What a pair. You do make a good point in that maybe they should have told him not to change the play but a supposed HOF should have known the situation there. He made the decision and gagged on it with that wormburner he threw that a high school kid could have completed.

Comment

[B]

Oh he changed it alright Ross. I saw an explayer breaking it down on film showing when he called it. There also was a mic on him saying "the hell with 3 let's get the 7" so I'd say that he made the decision and gagged on it. That phony bastard hasn't said a word about it and as much as I can't stand Peyton he's taken whatever critysim about the call that has been made instead of ratting out Brees. Of course the two of them have just thrown it at the officials. What a pair. You do make a good point in that maybe they should have told him not to change the play but a supposed HOF should have known the situation there. He made the decision and gagged on it with that wormburner he threw that a high school kid could have completed.

Man who cares! F the Saints! Payton started this BS with the $225K nonsense and the whiny players jealous of an Eagles SB even though there sorry ass defense couldn't stop a desperation pass to give them a chance to go to the SB! Its always someone else's fault with the Saints.

Comment

Working...
                                X