Eagles draft speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This crap confuses me.

On one hand they say he is a powerful hitter and works thru traffic well.....then they say he lacks violence, and has trouble shedding blockers.

Then, they claim he's quick and agile, good balance and body control, very athletic.....but he appears to be a little stiff.

And then, he has solid instints, experience and smarts....but then they say he is slow to read a play and can be overly agressive.

What the FFFFFF????
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Here is the deal on Weatherspoon because I've seen him play for the last 3 years. He is a good to very good NFL prospect but he isn't a game changer like a Merriman or Ware. Granted he isn't as big as those guys and would also most likely be a SLB in a 4-3 scheme instead of a standup rush backer which is night and day different.

I would have no issue with Weatherspoon in the 2nd round but not the first.

In the first, this team has to get a game changer or a potential game changer defensively. As much extra baggage as the kid has, I would target Carlos Dunlap. He is the next Julius Peppers according to many. Not sure he is quite that athletic but he is 6-6 285, has long arms, multiple moves and is a wrecking ball when he wants to be. I also think that picking up Vick has emboldened the front office in their assessment of a guys personal situation. If Reid likes what he hears from Dunlap at the combine and in a private workout, he is going to be a Bird at #24.

IN the second round, they will absolutely go best back 7 player available. Unfortunately,. Nate Allen who is my guy, is flying up draft boards and will likely go very late first or early second to a team like the Chargers, Chiefs or Browns so unless we move up we ain't gonna get him. Heck, we could take him at #24.

If the Birds stand pat in round two they will be staring at guys like Darryl Washington (WLB TCU), Darryl Sharpton (MLB, Miami), Kareem Jackson (CB Bama), possibly Brandon Spikes and I wouldn't be shocked to see Taylor Mays sitting there in the middle of the second round. They will go front 7 and then back 7 in the first two rounds though.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        This crap confuses me.

On one hand they say he is a powerful hitter and works thru traffic well.....then they say he lacks violence, and has trouble shedding blockers.

Then, they claim he's quick and agile, good balance and body control, very athletic.....but he appears to be a little stiff.

And then, he has solid instints, experience and smarts....but then they say he is slow to read a play and can be overly agressive.

What the FFFFFF????

Let's just say that nobody knows shit when it comes to how these kids are going to turn out. That's why those write ups are a joke.

I remember DJ's write up and they made him sound like he wouldn't make it as a WR.

Just show me a kid who made plays and has that willingness to learn.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Eagles draft picks:

Comment

According to the draft point value chart:

the #37 + #55 should net the #19

the #24 + #55 should net #14 or #15

#24 +#37 should net #11 or #10

I sort of like the idea of getting, for example, Earl Thomas at FS at #19 (for the #37+55) and Maurkice Pouncey at C at #24, then supplementing with CB or SLB at #70 and #84.

However, I'd probably look to keep them all and take maybe the best available CB at #24, FS Nate Allen at #37, another CB at #55 and an OG and SLB at #70 and #84.

Comment

Unless they make more trades - and I've seen a few speculative deals out there for Vick, Patterson, Laws and even Asante Samuel, I think they are going to make maybe one trade...they have too many holes on the roster. They now have nine roster spots open...

Comment

yeah, with so many spots to upgrade I don't see any major trading up in the first 2, maybe 3 rounds.

Comment

I wouldn't mind them trading up to get someone in the second or packaging a couple picks to get a third.

What I don't want to see is major trade to get a top 10 pick and then put all our hopes in one basket and pay that person a ton of money because of the premium. I don't see us doing that anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X