Earl Wolff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl Wolff

saw some good (run D and support) saw some bad (late on coverage pickup on Hopkins for the TD)

what do you all think. Better option than Allen? The same as Allen? Worse?

I think I like him as the better option and lets get him the same experience as Allen and make that call

Didn't think he provided anything different but he doesn't have Allen's experience. I'm curious to see what he will look like with experience cause I had high hopes for him.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

The coaches see him every day, didn't really want Allen back but didn't have any better options fall into their laps in free agency so low-balled Allen and brought him back...and still Wolff couldn't beat Allen out for the job. I'm not optimistic at this point.

Comment

What I've heard/read is Wolff's strength is run support/playing close to the line and his weakness is pass coverage/zone responsibilities.

Jenkins is the run support guy now and Allen has better coverage/zone skills than Wolff so he is pretty much a man without a place to fit.

Hopefully, he can develop into a better coverage guy, but so far I've not seen a starting S and the coaches seem to agree unfortunately.
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet, but if he can't beat out Nate Allen at this point, he's probably a backup and that's it.

Comment

He might serve well dropping him into the box. And what's the story with that stud Maragos anyway?????
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              He might serve well dropping him into the box. And what's the story with that stud Maragos anyway?????
              Maragos is a stud special teamer. From what I understand, he should only be on defense if the Eagles get in break-glass-in-case-of-emergency mode, a la Colt Anderson.

Comment

when I saw Maragos play safety in the preseason, it was about as ugly as it could get

I do still kind of like Wolff. He just needs to work on his coverage

it does make me feel better that every time I see Clinton Dix play, he makes mistakes all over the field as well. He may turn into a stud eventually, but at this point he isn't a whole heck of alot better than Allen or Wolff

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  when I saw Maragos play safety in the preseason, it was about as ugly as it could get

I do still kind of like Wolff. He just needs to work on his coverage

it does make me feel better that every time I see Clinton Dix play, he makes mistakes all over the field as well. He may turn into a stud eventually, but at this point he isn't a whole heck of alot better than Allen or Wolff
                  As compared to our number one pick?

Comment

Nate Allen is clearly superior.

Wolff is a mystery to me. Played well last year, has this knee injury he can't shake, it's passed around that he doesn't have a great pain tolerance and when he plays now, he sucks.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                      Nate Allen is clearly superior.

Wolff is a mystery to me. Played well last year, has this knee injury he can't shake, it's passed around that he doesn't have a great pain tolerance and when he plays now, he sucks.
                      Nate may be superior, but whenever he's in your TV picture nothing good is happening.

Comment

Nate may be superior, but whenever he's in your TV picture nothing good is happening.
                        With one exception, when he made the strip and fumble recovery vs AZ.
                        But then he quickly put the world back in it's proper orbit by biting on the dig and giving up the winning TD.

Comment

As compared to our number one pick?
                          you do have a point there. I would prefer Clinton Dix over Marcus Smith and was pissed when GBY pulled the trigger right before us

but it's also not as though Dix is lighting the world on fire

playing safety in this league isn't as easy as it used to be. all the rules are with the WR's

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                            you do have a point there. I would prefer Clinton Dix over Marcus Smith and was pissed when GBY pulled the trigger right before us

but it's also not as though Dix is lighting the world on fire

playing safety in this league isn't as easy as it used to be. all the rules are with the WR's
                            I agree Dawk, but man it sure looks like Smith has bust written all over him. He's never even in one of Chip's discussions about playing.

Comment

Please lets just wait a bit before we decide a guy is a bust --- mid way through his first season.

If I remember right Gramhm was being labeled "big bust" from the get go also, seems to have "un busted" a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X